fifteen

Joffrey opened his mouth to reply to Arya when Elowen turned around, slowly, meticulous almost. Her injured hand pushed the bloody and dirty blade away from her, carelessly as her finger touched the ever so sharp blade without any regard for any new cuts it might make.

"Don't be daft Arya," Elowen scolded her sister, coldly, like icy water sliding from the roof and onto an unsuspecting person, "Even if the Prince lies, Mycah most certainly cannot when he is asked by anyone who sees the cut on his cheek, well he might but not when they see the Prince wounded."

Arya's arms fell to the side with the sword, as did her resolve, she knew it to be true.

As much as Joffrey wanted to smirk, as much as he wanted to mock Arya about the fact that there wasn't anything that she could do, his eyes barely moved from from his injured wrist, which Elowen was holding tightly before the bite, preventing more blood to gush out.

Arya knew very well what would happen to her direwolf, as did Elowen, as did Joffrey, it was something that he was actually looking forward to asking his father to make happen as a punishment for the girl.

Without saying anything Arya walked over to the riverbank and threw Joffrey's sword into the river, causing Joffrey to call out in annoyance as the youngest of the Stark daughters ran off into the woods, away from their Guards, away from their families with her direwolf.

Despite being in pain, and not really enjoying pain as much as he liked inflicting it, Joffrey pulled his wrist away from Elowen's grip and dashed towards the riverbank, glaring at the water before cursing.

As Joffrey sat down at the riverbank, looking at the water, silently cursing the gods at how he got into that situation, Elowen looked down at her wrist, she knew that if she dared show her wounded wrist to her father, he would bring forth the harshest Winters of the North on the Prince, even if Elowen hadn't been the intended victim. But Elowen also knew that she had to have the cut sown by a Maester to prevent infection.

It takes a few moments for Elowen to get up, for her to gather her raging confusing emotions, of wanting to run after her sister and tell her that she was completely justified in standing up to the Prince, of wanting to remind her sister that she shouldn't have hit the Prince, of wanting to apologize to the Prince and plead liniency for Nymeria, of wanting to just shout all of her anger at the situation she was placed in just because she was the eldest.

A small part of Elowen wondered if it were Sansa who was betrothed to the Prince, if this event would've happened, if the growing distance between Sansa and herself would've happened. But then things like these happened, or the kiss with the Prince happened and Elowen was remined that her sister was much too innocent for such things and if they were to happen to her, Sansa would not live well after them.