twenty-three

A/N: this chapter contains my attempt at writing the marital act, aka smut

A/N: this chapter contains my attempt at writing the marital act, aka smut. This is my first time writing smut for people that I don't personally know, so if it's cringe, please don't bully me.

The ceremony lasted well into the night, well past the younger children's bedtimes, but because it was the wedding night of Joffrey and Elowen, Myrcella and Tommen would be sleeping in their mother's chambers, away from the Heir's chambers.

Elowen was the one who asked her partner if he wanted to retire, despite knowing the implications that it would entail. Joffrey conceded, with mirth, and the two carefully left the outer courtyard and retired to Maegor's Holdfast, where the Royal Apartments were located.

The walk was slow, it allowed Elowen to slowly build her courage for the consummation act, something she knew of, but had no practical notion of. Joffrey, on the other hand, had to reel back his thoughts of pushing his wife against any brick wall and consummate their marriage before they reached his chambers, their marital chambers.

Unlike Elowen, Joffrey had knowledge of how the act was meant to happen, which should've intimidated Elowen, but unsurprisingly didn't. She was glad that at least one of them knew what they were doing.

It took a while for the newlyweds to reach their marital chambers, but when they did, Joffrey made sure to close the door behind them instantly.

The room was nothing too grand, but it was certainly much larger than Elowen's back in Winterfell, from the door, Elowen could see a canopy bed with gold and red sheets and designs, the walls of the room were a pale yellow which brought every other colour out. Another thing that Elowen took notice of was the amount of stuffed animals that were positioned around her new room.

"Is the room to your taste, wife?" Joffrey questioned as he gently pulled the ceremonial cloak from Elowen's shoulders and hung it up.

"It's interesting." Elowen began, walking forward to the nearest stuffed animal. Joffrey watched her pick it up and look it over but with no disgust, something that shocked him tremendously. "Tell me are these animals, creations of yours?"

Elowen turned around to face her husband who stood near an open wardrobe, the stuffed animal still in her hands.

"They are... Do they frighten you?" Joffrey inquired, snapping out of his shock, approaching his wife and grabbing the stuffed animal from her hands. Elowen's deep blue eyes stayed on Joffrey's deep green eyes despite his approach.