eight

19 days had passed since Bran had fallen from the tower. 19 days since Catelyn Stark had scarcely left her middle son's side, 19 days since Elowen started to take care of Summer, and keeping her by her side during the day.

Elowen and Sansa had taken to visit the Sept in the morning to pray to the Seven for Bran's recovery, and visit the Godswood at nightfall to pray to the old Gods of the Forest for the same.

Arya had taken to spending more time with her youngest brother, while Robb stepped up a bit to help his father, helping him keep a level head.

"When you and Joffrey marry, which Gods will you be married before?" Sansa questioned as she and Elowen walked back to the Keep from the Godswood, Wylla, Lady and Summer following them.

A small groan escaped Elowen at her sister's question, with everything that had happened with Bran and his condition, Elowen had kept her mind busy with prayers so much so she hadn't been paying attention to her betrothed.

Something that Sansa seemed to have been doing, given her dreamy look.

"I do not know Sansa, but if I could gamble, I would say the Seven as they are the Religion that the Royal Family follows." Elowen replied, glancing at her sister, then behind them at the cubs.

"But if I could choose, I would marry before the Old Gods of the Woods, those are the Gods of the North, where we, Starks, belong." Elowen finished, drawing her cloak near, as a gush of wind greets their faces.

"Perhaps if you ask father, and the King, they'll allow you to marry before both sets of gods." Sansa offered, although her tone didn't match her words. Elowen knew Sansa well enough to know that her sister was still bitter over it being Elowen, who was betrothed to the Royal Prince, even if the decision had been completely out of Elowen's hands.

And Elowen hadn't missed the half-glares her twin sister shot her every now and again when the betrothal was mentioned, or when she caught the Prince looking at Elowen, be it in the moments where Elowen was completely oblivious or the rare moment in which Elowen was talking with the Prince and smiling at him.

Elowen sighed and halted, turning her whole body to Sansa's, two of the direwolves stopping behind her.

"Sansa, are you displeased with me, for being betrothed to Joffrey? For being the eldest?" Elowen questioned, looking at Sansa worriedly, fearing her answer.

Sansa looked at her sister, her eyes scanning Elowen's face, she knew that it wasn't Elowen's fault but Elowen was currently standing between her dream of becoming Joffrey's bride.

"I-" Sansa started but pursed her lips as she refocused her mind, "I'm displeased with this situation yes. You don't care for the Prince, nor romance, nor marriage and children. It is unfair that you get to have Joffrey and a betrothal to him, when I am here, in love with him, ready to do everything for him."