Chapter 4

Y/N's POV
During a wild goose chase, the dark heart somehow flew its way inside the hilltop castle. There was no time for us to waste, though. Me and Kirby made our way up the hill, and into the castle.

*timeskip*

3rd Person POV
As the duo went inside the castle, a panicked Waddle Dee wearing a blue bandana and holding a spear rushed up to them.

"Kirby! Thank goodness, you're here!" He said. He then looked at the (H/C)-haired girl. "Um... Who's this?" He then asked.

"Oh, yeah. I'm (Y/N). (Y/N) (L/N). I'm actually one of Kirby's friends," She spoke to the Waddle Dee. "Oh. Well, nice to meet you, (Y/N). Just call me Bandana Dee," he replied.

"Anyways, Bandana Dee, is there a reason why you were panicking all of a sudden?" The girl asked. The Waddle Dee came to a realization and started to explain.

"Oh, right. The thing is, ever since those weird hearts started falling down from the sky, King Dedede started acting strange. He suddenly started ordering us Waddle Dees to steal some food from others. I tried to talk him out of it, but no matter how hard I try, he keeps getting more and more aggressive. Now, I'm even more worried."

(Y/N) was in deep thought after hearing this from Bandana Dee, and realized that the Waddle Dees were feeding him in hopes of calming him down.

"I see. Do you know where he is now?" She asked. "Hmm... I think he's still in his throne room, chowing down on all the food we gave him," Bandana Dee answered. "I can take you to him if you want."

"Sure. Thanks, Bandana Dee," (Y/N) said. "Let's go, Kirby!" The pink puffball nodded, and they both followed Bandana Dee to King Dedede's throne.

*timeskip*

As they move forward, Kirby inhaled Plugg, a plug-like enemy, and gained the Plasma ability. (Y/N) became curious about combining her magic with electricity.

"Hey, Kirby," She said. Kirby then turned his attention to her. "If you don't mind..." She then holds her staff to him. Kirby nodded and hurled a small beam of electricity at it. Then, once again, the color of (Y/N)'s clothes changed. It went from a navy blue to a neon green.

"Cool," she said with a smile while taking a glance at her appearance. The trio then made their way down a corridor of the castle. As it happens, they befriended Sir Kibble, a yellow knight with a boomerang blade on his head and a Plugg.

They kept journeying to King Dedede's location until they were stopped in their tracks by Buggzy, a purple stag beetle-like enemy wearing a blue headband.

He makes his first by dash towards the group to grab one of them, but everyone dodged his assault. (Y/N) swung her staff, and casted a spell: "Sparkling Shock!" Two green-toned stars appeared on top of her, and fired bolts of lightning at Buggzy, which electrocuted him in spectacular fashion.

 (Y/N) swung her staff, and casted a spell: "Sparkling Shock!" Two green-toned stars appeared on top of her, and fired bolts of lightning at Buggzy, which electrocuted him in spectacular fashion

This gives the others the upper hand to attack while he's stunned, but he wasn't stunned for long. As everyone was still attacking, Buggzy took that as his que to grab Plugg with his large mandibles and launch him at (Y/N), which knocked them to the wall.

(Y/N) groaned in pain, and opened her eyes to see an injured Plugg. "Hey. Are you alright?" She asked him as she casted her healing spell on both him and herself.

Meanwhile, Kirby was firing lightning bolts at Buggzy, Sir Kibble was hurling crescent blades from his helmet, and Bandana Dee was still attacking with his spear. They were in a desperate struggle.

Luckily, (Y/N) got up, and swung her staff to cast another spell: "Chain Lightning!" A lightning cloud appears over Buggzy's head, and a surge of lightning comes down from it to strike him down, which spells his defeat.

Kirby found a chance to absorb Buggzy whole, and take his ability to become Suplex Kirby. (Y/N) was confused by this dilemma.

"Does anyone know how he could do that?" She whispered. "No idea. It's just how he is," Bandana Dee whispered back. They leave the conversation behind, and continue to move where King Dedede is.