Chapter 16: The Kalos League

"Wakey-Wakey! You know what day it is! Now is not the time to sleep in!"

Serena awoke in quite an unpleasant matter - a Hydro Pump to the face.

"What was that for?" Serena asked Ash, "You could've just shaken me awake!"

"I could've, but that isn't as half as fun!" Ash replied, "Get up, we got a big day today, also I got you a gift"

Ash tossed a Pokeball at Serena.

"What's inside?" Serena asked.

"It's an Eevee, I caught it for you, and figured you would need it" Ash replied.

"Thanks, Ash, I wonder what I'll evolve it into...." Serena said.

"Well, you better figure that out fast, you must register today by 3 PM, and you need a team of 6" Ash exclaimed.

Ash handed Serena her Mega Ring - She knew she was forgetting something!

"Whatever you do, don't lose the Mega Ring, you'll be at a disadvantage without a Mega Evolution," Ash said, "Even if you have Delphox"

Serena needed to win over Ash's approval - at least that's what she thought, if she could win the Kalos League, then maybe, just maybe, there would be a slim chance that Ash would continue journeying with her.

"Alright, is there anything else I need to know?" Serena asked.

"The first round is a 1 on 1, the second round is a 3 on 3, the third round is a 5 on 5 and the last round - the final is a 6 on 6" Ash exclaimed, "Come on, let's get a move on, you wouldn't want to be late!"

Ash and Serena left the Hotel and took the first train back to Lumoise City.

*******

"Where's Shauna?" Serena asked - she hoped that maybe Ash had gotten rid of her, but once again she was let down.

"She took a train back to Lumoise last night, She said she'd meet us at the stadium," Ash said as they walked down the streets of Lumoise City.

Lumoise City was buzzing - the "League Fever" as they called it, everyone was excited about the League and the whole Region couldn't wait till the first battle.

Serena had already caught two Pokemon that she planned to use in her team - A Pancham and a Absol, both of which were great additions to her team.

"I still don't know what to evolve Eevee into..." Serena exclaimed, "I'm thinking Sylveon, what do you think Ash?"

"That's a good idea, but how are you supposed to do that?" Ash asked, "Even I don't know how to evolve an Eevee into a Sylveon..."

"I looked it up on the PokeWeb, It just says to teach Eevee a Fairy-type move and it'll evolve into Eevee!" Serena exclaimed.

After what felt like a decade of walking - Serena and Ash finally reached the Lumoise City Stadium, where, once inside, they could use a PokeComputer to register for the competition.

Serena and Ash entered the stadium and loaded up one of the PokeComputers.

"Welcome to Kalos! Where dreams and adventures come to life!" The Computer Said, it continued, "Please type your full name"

Serena typed her full name into the computer.

"Thank you, Serena Yvonne, now please enter your Pokemon team into the database!" The Computer said.

Serena typed in her full team - Delphox, Quillidan, Fletchling, Sylveon, Pancham, and Swablu.

"Thank you for registration into the Kalos League!" The Computer Said, "Your first match will be against Miette Berlitz on the 2nd of June in the Lumoise City Stadium!"