Chapter 11: The Fifth Gym

"This is it?" Serena asked Ash.

"Yep! Lumoise tower! The home of the fifth gym of Kalos!" Ash replied.

Serena was puzzled; she always thought the tower was for decoration and wasn't an actual gym, but eh, she didn't care, all she wanted was this badge!

"So Serena have you-" before Ash could complete his sentence Serena was already in the gym.

"So eager..." Ash thought to himself.

Ash rushed in to follow her.

Inside the Gym

"I suppose you're here for a B-Battle!" Clemont, the Lumoise gym leader, said.

"Yeah, I am," Serena replied confidently.

"Well....you are going to have to get ready for a double battle!" A girl said as she popped out from behind the curtains.

"A W-what?" Serena asked.

"A double battle! Where you use two Pokemon to fight!" The girl said.

Ash rushed in.

"Hey, Serena, Clemont and... Bonnie? Is that you?" Ash asked.

"Yep! It's me! I became an assistant here at the gym and now it's a gym that focuses on double battling!" Bonnie replied.

"You need a partner to fight this gym, so how about you and Ash team up!" Clemont said to Serena.

Serena blushed nervously, her feelings for Ash had grown over time and she was starting to quite fond over the raven-haired man.

"Y-yeah sure!" Serena said nervously.

"That's great!" Clemont replied

"Im ok with that!" Ash said, "I even have some of my old Pokemon in my bag so we should be able to do a 4 v 4!"

"So? Are you two ready?' Bonnie asked.

They both nodded their head signalling that they were ready to start the battle!

"Luxray go!" Clemont said as he throw a Luxray out of it's pokeball.

"Dedenne go!" Bonnie said as she throw Dedenne out of it's pokeball.

"Braixen go!"

"Goodra go!"

Braixen and Goodra came out of their pokeballs ready to fight.

"Luxray use thunder fang!"

"Braixen use psychic on Luxray!"

Luxray tried to bite into Braixen using a thunder fang but was blocked by the psychic and thrown back.

"Dedenne use thunderbolt!"

Dedenne used thunderbolt on Goodra which did a bit of damage.

"Goodra earthquake" Ash said casually.

The Goodra one-shotted Dedenne.

Bonnie was left shell-shocked.

"Go Manetric go!" Bonnie said as she let out Manetric.

Bonnie grabbed her mega band.

"Manetric! Beyond evolution! Mega evolve!"

Manetric turned into its mega form and blazingly fast attacks just got faster.

"Manetric use Overheat!"

Manetric let out a blazing hot overheat that burned right through Goodra.

Goodra got pushed back a little, but this was Ashs secret..