Chapter 14: Eye of the Incineroar.

As the dust settled there was only one Pokemon left standing....

"What the fu-" Shauna said, she was equally shocked as Ash when they saw what Serena had done.

Ash ran over to Serena as she collected her badge.

"Remind me to NEVER tell you what to do in the end of a battle ever again" Ash said to her.

"Don't worry, I will always remind you" Serena replied back with a cheeky smile.

"That was NUTS, I mean if I'm being completely honest with you I thought you were screwed, I mean you kinda just threw moves at Olympia the whole battle..." Ash said.

He thought for a second.

"Listen, we have to get that ability under control, AND even then you need to still work on what moves you use at what time" Ash exclaimed, "Battle bond won't save you everytime"

"Battle bond? What's a battle bond?" Serena asked.

"Listen I'll tell you later, thanks Olympia for the battle" Ash said as he turned to Olympia to express his gratitude.

"It's always a pleasure to battle upcoming trainers" Olympia replied with a smile.

"We better be getting back to the hotel, right Serena?"

"Yeah, yeah." Serena said in a hasty tone as she admired the beautiful badge Olympia just gave her.

She put it into her pocket and walked off with Ash and Shauna out of the gym.

Anistar hotel.

"We really need to work on your moves, you looked rusty against her..." Ash exclaimed to Serena.

"But don't I deserve a bit of... I don't know, rest? I mean I just battled a difficult gym leader" Serena replied.

"Rest!?" Ash looked at her shocked, "What's up with new trainers and more rest, I don't understand it, I never rested from training when I was a young trainer"

"Yeah but your times... they were different" Serena replied.

"Leon, Champion of Galar, was training 10 hours a day everyday! That's more training then you do in a week!" Ash exclaimed, "Champions don't take off-days"

"Fine, but don't go too hard, some of my Pokemon are still recovering from that battle" Serena replied.

"Trust me, I know the Pokemon's limits, I'm not that cruel training injured Pokemon." Ash exclaimed, "Let's just get some rest, and train tomorrow, alright?"

"Alright, goodnight Ash."

"Goodnight Serena"

Training grounds, Friday, 11:43.

"Water pulse, water pulse, water pulse!"

The Greninja was ferocious, Ash was going hard on Serena as her Braixen took more and more hits from the Greninja.

"Braixen! Flamethrower!"

But before it could even hit the Greninja -

Braixen was already hit by another water pulse and knocked out.

"DAMN SERENA!" Ash yelled, "What's the matter with you!? You should've dodged!"

"I know, I know, '' Serena replied, "Tomorrow, let's just... do it tomorr-"

"THERE IS NO TOMORROW!" Ash yelled again, "Wulfric will knock your a**"

He paused for a second.

"If you think this training is tough, I don't want to imagine what the battle will be like!" Ash exclaimed, "It ain't a game Serena!"