Chapter 6: Team flare encounter!

Ash woke up early after the "thing" that happened last night.

"Serena, wake up." Ash whispered, trying to wake the teenager up.

"But it's really early, Ash." she whispered back.

"You use that excuse every time. Now get up!" Ash said.

"Fine," Serena replied.

"Now get your ass dressed and meet me downstairs, and whatever you do, don't wake Miette or Dawn, do you understand?" Ash told Serena.

"Understood," Serena said.

******************************************** 

"So you're finally ready!" Ash said, "This time, we're walking to the next Gym. It's about an hour away, gives you a chance to capture some new Pokemon to counter Korrina's Fighting-types." 

"I'm going to be the greatest trainer Kalos has ever seen! Nobody will be able to stop me!" Serena said enthusiastically.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Ash said.

As they walked down Route 12, Serena asked Ash questions about Fighting-types and their weaknesses.

"They're weak to Psychic, Fairy, and Flying-types" Ash told Serena.

"What are they strong against?" Serena asked.

"Normal, Ice, Rock, Dark, and Steel." Ash replied.

Just as they were walking down the route, they heard a noise from a bush.

"Wait, what's that?" Ash asked.

They both stared at the bush until a tiny little bird like-Pokemon popped out.

"What is that?" Serena asked.

"It looks like a Fletchling," Ash said.

"I'll catch it!" Serena said, "Squirtle, I choose you!"

"Squirtle Squirtle" said Squirtle.

"Squirtle, use Hydro Pump!" Serena commanded.

The Pokemon obeyed, and quickly hit the Fletchling onto its back.

Serena threw a Pokeball at it, hoping for the best.

It clicked once...

It clicked twice...

It clicked three times...

"I caught it!' Serena said in excitement.

"Hey, I was going to catch that Fletchling!" Calem said as he ran out of the bush.

"Hey Calem! I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were about to catch it." Serena replied.

"Okay I accept your apology, but how about a battle? Winner gets Fletchling." Calem asked.

"Fine, 1 on 1 battle got it?" Serena said.

"Got it," Calem said.

"Hey Ash, are you going to stick around to watch us battle?" Serena asked Ash.

"Yes, please watch us battle!" Calem said.

"No, thank you. I got other things to be doing. Serena, I'll meet you outside Shalour City Gym, okay?" Ash told Serena.

She nodded her head and looked at Calem.

"Alright! Quilladin, battle stance!" Calem said with enthusiasm.

"Braixen, I choose you!" Serena said, copying Ash's signature catchphrase.

"Don't get too confident just because you have the type advantage," Calem said.