The classroom felt bleak the day of the fateful encounter. The voices of Beomgyu's classmates were muffled as he felt his thoughts drift to the strange boy he'd befriended. Mina was beside him talking about her family and how wealthy they were again

It would've been a lie if he said he was tired of her and her chatty self. 

He still tried to be a supportive boyfriend and listen to her. But it was so hard. Whenever he tried to hear her voice clearly he would be yet again distracted with thoughts of Taehyun. 

The boy was snapped out of his own little imaginary world when his homeroom teacher rapped his and Mina's desk.

"PAY ATTENTION! You do not want me to separate you two again do you?"

"N-no sir we will pay attention! Please don't separate us, we love each other too much. You wouldn't want to be separated from your lover, why it would be the most heartbreaking thing ever. Just imagine..."

Beomgyu sighed and looked out the window, outside the school building was nothing more than the bustling city and buildings everywhere. How sad.

"BEOMGYU! Are you even listening to me or Mina!?"

He was lost. 

He'd never been like this before.

"I'm sorry sir. I will try to control my thoughts."

"You better." his teacher sighed walking back to the front of the class to discuss a new topic, " These darn kids..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RING! RING! RING!

It was time for Beomgyu's favorite time of the day. 

Dismissal.

Holding hands with his girlfriend he walked through the school hallways ready to escort her to her ride home. 

"What was that? I've been meaning to ask you this but forgot." Mina started.

"What was what?"

"When I was talking about my wonderful life this morning AND guilt tripping Mr. Seokmin, You weren't paying attention to either of us."

"Oh, sorry hehe. I was thinking about upcoming tests."

She scrunched her pretty face, "I won't accept a simple sorry Choi Beomgyu. You promised to be the best boyfriend ever! Keep it! You should think about me and only me! That was one of the rules we established together to maintain a long-lasting relationship for both of our good. You never think about stupid tests. Don't fuck with me, I know you well enough to know that." 

Then she let go of his hand and marched off to the school's exit on her own. 

Beomgyu was left dumbfounded frozen in the midst of students rushing to get home from a long first day of school. 

He sighed and kept his head down for sometime. He did want to be the perfect boyfriend Mina would be grateful for, it was the first time he'd seen her like that. 

Frowning, he started his walk to the exit.

"Hey, are you ok?"

The smooth and warm voice made Beomgyu abruptly turn his head. 

It was Taehyun.

He had a worried look in his boba eyes despite having a straight face. The previously sad frowny boy's eyes lit up surprised to have someone worried for him. It was unnatural, his parents never cared when he was sick or feeling under the weather. His girlfriend was never worried about him when he told her he had a very bad case of flu. 

His surroundings were immediately blurred with only Taehyun clearly visible. 

 "I- i'm okay." he sensed his voice shake and a stray tear fell down his cheek.

Not long after he said those two words, more tears fell down his alluring eyes. 

"You look prettier when you cry."

Beomgyu felt a hand on his shoulder.

That hand pushed him closer and it turned into a hug. 

His heart warmed, cheeks burned, thousands of butterflies flooded into his stomach. What was this feeling?

"T-taehyun...why are you hugging me.."

"Because that's what friends do, you didn't know? I thought you were the one who announced us friends, beautiful."

The latter smiled and hugged Taehyun tighter. 

Taehyun's mouth curved into a smile. A SMILE! 

He then giggled. The giggle turned into a laugh. The laugh turned into Taehyun becoming as red as a rose because he hated thinking of the word tomato and didn't want to associate his hated food with the bewitching Taehyun. 

Without a doubt, it was the first time Beomgyu saw Taehyun laugh. He'd always been the silent one who was observing happenings from afar. He had never noticed the peculiar boy because too many people noticed Beomgyu. 

After a while of both of them smiling at each other definitely thinking about each other, 

"Uhm can I have your phone number?"

"Sure. Give me your phone."

Taehyun saved his number as 'good-looking friend'. Beomgyu couldn't help but blush.

"What do you think? Ya like it?"

"Y-yeah."

This felt wrong. Everything felt wrong, what was he thinking!?

But it was Taehyun. 

Beomgyu couldn't resist not being his friend. He was sure he didn't feel anything else. 

Right?