A wave of emotions crashed through Beomgyu right after those words that came out of Taehyun's mouth. 

It couldn't be...

His situation only got better because Taehyun was his mental support to get through his hardships. Now, he was leaving and they may never see each other again. Beomgyu knew for once, he was genuinely heartbroken.

"W-why?" He couldn't speak properly.

Taehyun looked at him as if he was pitying Beomgyu. "I'm sorry, but we will meet each other again I promise."

"How?"

"I will find you and come back for you."

"Promise me."

"I promise."

A week into the future

Beomgyu was a loner. The complete opposite of how he was at school before. 

When students started ignoring him he didn't think much of it as he had the one and only Taehyun. It was unfortunately different now, the wretched boy didn't think the situation through. He should've searched for more answers and been less ignorant. 

A few days after Taehyun left, his perfectly polished grades decided to leave him too. 

It wasn't long before his parents would find out about this. They would torment him to no end, especially because he had not told them about the situation with his relationship ending with Mina. One thing Beomgyu knew really well about his parents were that they may have loved Mina more than they loved him. 

A bitter laugh escaped his pale lips as he was sitting in the bench reserved for only him and Taehyun for recess.

 Now he was all alone

Little did he know, on that same day, a group of boys decided to push the start button of Beomgyu's depression stage. 

"I wonder how fake you really were to Mina when you dated her." A boy Beomgyu had never seen before came up to him. The boy had a smirk on his face whilst saying those words. 

"I was never fake to Mina and what are you doing here, bullying is prohibited in this campus if that's what you're trying to do." the brunette was annoyed at this random guy.

"Yes, I know that. I was just curious about your little breakup. What happened to the perfect couple everyone was used to?"

This person was getting on Beomgyu's nerves," What do you want?"

"I want you to follow me." The stranger laughed.

Being the curious one he always was, Beomgyu followed him.

Through the never-ending hallways and past the lockers that included gossiping students, he saw something that surely made his jaw drop. 

It was a heated make out session between Mina and another random dude. Sure Beomgyu was over his ex, but this was still shocking to him. He saw how passionately the girl licked her tongue into the other's mouth. They were basically eating each other's mouths. 

Bystanders seemed to stop and record videos and photos of not only the make out session but also of him. The crowd just got larger and larger. Everything blurred in Beomgyu's vision, he couldn't think straight. What if those videos got uploaded on social media? His parents were sure to find out. They would blame everything on him. His life would go into shambles. Most students of the school always favored Mina in their relationship, teachers loved her and most of his popularity was also because of hers. 

Not everyone knew about the breakup, it wasn't actually revealed to the public. Some observant ones just caught the hints and probably spread some rumors but it never became official. Would people now take his side because of this. 

He thought positive frozen on his spot waiting for the perfect time to walk away. That was until,

"Oh Heedo, you are such a gem! Beomgyu could've never been as wonderful as you. He was such a jerk to me! He broke up so suddenly, I-i I couldn't process it!! Thank you so much for being here for me." Mina was crying. She said those words loud enough for plenty of phones to capture a clear video of. 

Beomgyu couldn't feel anymore. He didn't know what emotion to experience because it was just all too much. Why couldn't it stop! Why couldn't people leave him alone. 

Yet his ears perked up to every comment the students around him were saying. 

"Eww he's such a jerk!"

"I agree he's such an imbecile."

"He didn't deserve Mina. Heedo is already so much better, she should've dated him in the first place!"

"Wow didn't know he was like that. She was so kind to give him a chance."

The crowd forming around him made it so he couldn't get out.  Class was starting soon but the students sure did care about drama more than their own studies. 

A lone tear escaped his right eye when he pushed away a bunch of students no matter the age or grade. The boy ran as fast as he could to the exit of the school, not waiting for a comment from the security posted at the school gates. His house wasn't too far from the school, therefore neither was the park he last saw Taehyun. He'd never skipped classes before, hell he never skipped school at all being the good kid he was. This time though, he was desperate.

Desperate for someone to console him. 

He ran as fast as his legs could take him. Reaching the park in a matter of minutes, he sat on the same bench he sat at a week ago. Already knowing the park was always empty was enough for him to weep his eyes out. 

He cried and cried and cried. Sometimes wailing without shame. Imagining Taehyun beside him calming him down he stopped wailing and whimpered softly,

"Why? Why? Why? Why does it have to be me. Do I really deserve all this. What did I do? Please forgive me."

Beomgyu wiped his tears with the blazer of his uniform whilst muttering to himself asking for forgiveness from whoever caused all this. 

Unknowingly someone was watching him from a distance, apparently the park wasn't as empty as the brunette thought it to be.

"Don't worry beautiful, I made a promise I can never break. Just hold on tight." a voice whispered to themselves in a distance close enough to hear the pain of Beomgyu. 

(Long chapter hehe, hope you enjoyed it!)