8

Sourav was looking mightily upset when Anil stepped into the corridor. He was glaring entire holes into the wall opposite him.

Anil sighed, "Sourav-"

"After all this," Sourav cut him off practically spitting fire, "After all this. He still doesn't trust me. He still doesn't trust me!"

"Sourav it's not about trust-"

"Then what is it about?" Sourav snapped rounding up on him, "Tell me what is it about because I do not fucking understand. I do not fucking understand why he doesn't want me there!"

Sachin spoke up from beside them, "I agree with him. There was no reason behind wanting us out of the room, he has taken his shirt off plenty times unfront of us before,".

Anil scoffed, "Oh please, you don't say. Sourav I can understand. That's his brother. You just want to see Rahul shirtless,".

Sachin was quick to defend himself, "I don't want to see him naked when he has been beaten black and blue?" he caught Sourav's harsh glare towards him, "I-I mean I don't want to see him naked at all,".

"We were talking about him being shirtless not naked Sach," Anil snickered.

"That's my fucking brother you assholes. Shut the hell up," Sourav hissed at them, looking two seconds away from murder. They wisely shut up and backed off. This was not a day to test the patience of Sourav Ganguly.

Sourav growled to himself and paced the corridor, frustrated with everything around him. Far too much had happened already in the span of one day. First they had crashed out of group stages. And while that wound still bled he had walked in on his brother being beaten half to death by the man who had destroyed everything, everything in Sourav's life. Rahul was not helping matter either. Either he was panicking and freaking out at every little thing. Or he was being a downright ass trying to get his way. Those jibes he had thrown in the car had hurt. It had hurt even though Sourav knew why Rahul had been throwing those. And now he had kicked them out of the room knowing how worried they were. As if they were strangers who did not deserve to know what was going on with him. As if he had something more to hide from them because he did not trust them. He did not trust Sourav.

"What do you think he is hiding now?" he turned towards his friends defeated, "Why does he not want us in the room?"

Sachin scuffed the floor with his shoe, he looked as morose as Sourav felt, "Maybe he is just being petty. We made him come here against his wish,".

"Or," Anil started hesitantly, "Or, he is just going through a lot at the moment so maybe we can give him the benefit of doubt,".

Sourav was about to reply to that when Sachin broke in.

"Benefit of what doubt Anil? Do you really think he would have told us what had happened had Sourav not seen it firsthand? Did he tell us what was happening when Sourav had gotten kicked out? Did he tell me? He just doesn't trust me-us," Sachin shook his head, "I thought things might change now. But it doesn't seem like it. Even if Chappel did that to him now, Rahul is still the guy who kept mum about everything though we kept asking. I kept asking. And now he wants to keep us from putting our worries to rest too," he sat down heavily on a chair, defeated, "He is telling us exactly where we belong in his life. Outside,".