5

Rahul had another full blown panic attack as soon as he heard the word hospital. He was adamant not to go. Sachin could only watch helplessly as the man in his arms, yelled and thrashed trying to get away from them. He would have let go, had he not been sure, Rahul would only hurt himself more. His entire torso was bruised as if somebody had used him as a punch bag. And somebody had. Sourav was desperately trying to calm him down. But Rahul wasn't hearing their voices anymore. He wasn't even breathing properly anymore, going redder in the face as his struggles reduced in strength. Finally his eyes rolled back into his head and he passed out. Sachin watched, stunned. Tears were flowing freely from his eyes, but he couldn't feel them anymore. He didn't know what to do.

But Sourav did. He turned to the security incharge.

"Is the corridor clear?"

The security guy nodded, "Yes sir, the car is ready too. We will load both-"

"Not both of them," Sourav snapped, "That man is not coming with us,".

The officer hesitated, "Sir-"

"Get another car for him," Anil interrupted firmly, he was still standing over Chappel as if to make sure he stays down. Not that he needed to bother, Chappel was nothing more than a groaning mess right now. Sourav had beaten the shit out of him. "Get another car for him. He is not coming with us,".

The officer sighed and nodded, picking up his phone again, "My junior will guide you all to the car, I will take care of this," he turned to their logistics manager, "Go with them,".

She nodded and quickly opened the door, to lead them out.

Sourav turned to the unconscious body of his brother infront of him, softly wiping the hair away from his forehead. Did they need to wake him up to get him to the car? Wouldn't he just panic again?

Anil spoke up from behind, "I can carry him-"

"No," Sourav cut him off, there was palpable fury in his voice, barely held back, "I can do it,".

He carefully adjusted himself into a better position and slid an arm beneath his brother's knees, carefully sliding the other, with Sachin's help, around his back, adjusting his right arm to hang limply from Sourav's shoulder. Then he hefted him up gently, as if Rahul might break if he was moved too much. Considering the condition of his ribs, that could be true too. God, Sachin wished he had also gotten to have a go at that asshole, for what he had done to his teammate. Ex-bestfriend or not, Rahul did not deserve this. Nobody deserved this.

"Sach can you put his arm around my neck?" Sourav asked, pointing with his head towards Rahul's left arm, which was flopping downward awkwardly in the air. Sachin got up robotically and began to adjust as requested but froze at the sight of his arms. Even his arms were bruised and swollen. Like they had been hit by something hard.

Sourav and Anil followed his gaze and clenched their jaws tightly, turning to look at the unconscious ex-coach in the corner with venom. The man was very very lucky that they had to prioritize Rahul over everything else, otherwise, Sachin himself would have killed him.

"Let's go," the logistics manager, Rhea spoke softly, prompting them to get a move on. Sourav glared at the offender for one more second before turning and following her, gently cradling his brother in his arms. This was the first time in years, the two had even touched each other, let alone being carried by the other. Sourav settled Rahul gently in the car, unable to stop himself from pressing a kiss to his head before getting in beside him. As Sachin followed suite he knew, a lot was about to change.