6

Rahul came to consciousness in a car. He was half lying on somebody. He blinked to clear his blurry vision, focussing on the hand holding him firmly in place. He could recognize that hand anywhere. Sourav. What was going on? He tried to move his head and instantly a blinding pain erupted along his jaw. His temple was throbbing. Everything came back to him in a flash. Chappel threatening to break the door down if he didn't open. And then. Just mindnumbing pain. Waking up in Sachin's arms. Talks of a hospital. Oh Shit. Hospital.

He sat up instantly, gasping as his ribs burned at the movement, piercing pain coursing through his body.

"Easy. Easy Rah. You're safe," there was a soft whisper by his ear. Sachin. They were going to the hospital. He couldn't go to a hospital. They would take one look at his shoulders or god forbid, his thighs and get him admitted in a fucking mental hospital. They weren't going to listen to him, he was going to get locked up. Locked up.

"Stop the car," he ignored the hands on him, trying to get him to lie back down.

"Jam-" that was Anil.

"Stop the car!" he demanded, ignoring all of them, "I said. Stop the fucking car!"

Nobody responded to him. The car didn't stop. Rahul was aware he might be going a little crazy to think he could win against all of them but he was desperate. Very desperate.

"Sourav tell them to stop the car," he turned to his brother, dead serious.

Sourav stared back blankly, "I am doing no such thing,".

Rahul turned the other way, "Sach-"

"He is not doing it either. You are going to the hospital Rahul. Just sit back,".

"I AM NOT GOING TO THE HOSPITAL! STOP THE FUCKING CAR!" he tried to undo the seatbelt and get to the driver.

Sachin grabbed him and firmly pushed him back into his seat, clicking the seatbelt back in place.

"Stop throwing tantrums Dravid-Ganguly. You are injured to hell and back. You are going to the hospital," he firmly grabbed both of Rahul's hands, preventing him from attempting that again.

Rahul breathed out shakily. This wasn't going to work. He had to change his approach. He knew the words he was about to utter were only going to make them hate him more.

"I am the captain. You have to listen to me-"

"Do you see a field around here?" Sourav hissed, his eyes spewing fire.

"That doesn't matt-"

"As far as I can see. There is no field. There is no captain. Just my younger brother, so either you fucking listen to me-"

"Really, didn't you disown me Ganguly? Now I am your brother?" Rahul poked harshly at the sore spot they had somehow just seemingly forgotten. Wasn't he hated? What the hell had changed now that they were behaving so familiar again? He needed them to hate him. Maybe they would just throw him out of the car and get rid of him.

"I threw you out of the team remember? Signed those papers. Snatched your captaincy-"

Sourav growled and grabbed his chin making their eyes meet, "I know what you are doing, you asshole. It won't work. You are going to the hospital. It doesn't matter how much I hate you, how much you poke. So you can either just shut the fuck up or keep yapping. Choice is upto you," he jerked his hand away.

Rahul's eyes stung with tears. He couldn't go to the hospital. They would know. Everyone would know. They already must think of him as pathetic. He didn't want them to know this. He couldn't. He couldn't. They began pulling into the parking lot. They had reached. A sob built up in his throat. He needed out. He didn't want to go to the hospital. Tears started falling from his lashes.

"S-Sourav please. I don't want to. Please. Please, I can't go. I am fine I swear. It doesn't even hurt that much," he rambled anxiously as they started getting off. 

Sourav undid his seatbelt, ignoring him. Rahul caught his hand, pleading.

"Dada please. I will do anything. Please,".

Sourav's eyes betrayed no emotions as he stared at their hands.

"Dada please! I promise I will be better. Just let's go home please!" he begged. His head was spinning. He can't do this. He can't.

Sourav sighed and grabbed his hand, "Rahul you are going to the hospital. Even if it's kicking and screaming. Now you can decide if you want to deal with it like an adult or like a child,".

Rahul's heart sank. He was going to have to do this. They were going to get to know.

Sourav's hand was on his uninjured cheek, carressing his cheek, "Let's just get it over with hmm?"

With that, he was pulled out of the car.