ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22 - ᴠᴇɢᴇᴛᴀʙʟᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ

𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝟓𝐭𝐡 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟑
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

"So, where did you find her?" Regulus questioned. His dark brows were arched as he watched the blonde-headed boy before him.

"That is a secret I shall not disclose, dear boy." Dorcas patted his head before folding her arms over. "Y'know, I was going to take you boys out flying today, but rather not at this time" She mumbled, looking up at the dark sky. "Now, are you going to tell me the reasoning for his weird behaviour earlier?"

She gestured to the peace filled Harve standing just a few metres away. His eyes were scrunched closed as he carefully bowed to the Hippogriff before him. A few nervous glances were sent to the two before he suddenly ran off, now being chased by a curious Marilyn.

"Something just- happened." Regulus' tightened his smile before turning his body to her. Curiously peering up at her confused face, he spoke again, "Dorcas, can I ask you something?"

"Ask away" Her soft voice put Regulus at ease as he tried to put his thoughts into words.

"You live in the muggle world, right?"

"Don't you?" She tilted her head at him.

"Yes- well, in a way I do"

"Okay... what's the question then?" She peered at Harve's running figure for a moment before looking back at Regulus.

"I need to find out where Harve lives"

"How come?"

"He um- something happened to his town the other night, and it sounded really... bad" His head lowered in just the slightest at his own words. Swallowing his nerves, he looked back up at Dorcas. "I need to find something for him, but I have no clue where he lives. But e-even if I did, I'd have no way there" he began to ramble, throwing his hands around as he frowned. "I mean, I could ask Sirius, but that's a bit of-"

"Regulus." Dorcas stepped forward, placing her hands on both his shoulders. Her face morphed into one of absolute worry "What happened?"

His eyes flickered around, avoiding her concerned gaze, before focusing on Harve - who was currently being licked and pushed around by the giddy hippogriff. The boy laughed as he desperately tried to escape the large tongue of the bird, leading to him walking over to the pair who stood watching.

"I think the feast should be ready" He said, his grin inching off his face as he looked over Regulus' bleak expression. "What happened?"

Dorcas' hands had already slid off the boy's shoulders the moment the blonde walked over, her brows scrunched as she watched over them both. "Nothing happened. Now-"

The loud, ringing bell interrupted her words. The booming sound echoed throughout the school grounds, fading into the open field. The two boys looked at each other, smiles forming on their faces as they hurriedly looked at Dorcas.

"Food!" They cheered, grinning like the kids they were. The girl giggled at their change in behaviour, before encouraging them on. A look of worry still plastered on her face.

"Go eat, I have to go put Marilyn back" She gestured to the peeping hippogriff a few metres from them. The magical creature stood watching as she slowly moved closer to the three, thrashing her head around in a playful manner. "Go on"

"We'll see you there, Cas!" Harve shouted as the two began to walk back to the school. Regulus waved the girl a goodbye before turning around. His hands sunk deep in the pockets of his trousers as he rolled his shoulders, glancing over at the blonde beside him.