ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13 - ꜱɪʀɪᴜꜱ' ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴋ ᴍɪʀʀᴏʀ

𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝟐𝟒𝐭𝐡 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟑
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Today was a dreaded day for all the students, as they unfortunately had to board the Hogwarts Express, and go home.

It was also the official last day of school for some students, as they will not be returning for another year, as this year was their last.

Regulus sighed as he dropped his trunk onto the ground, looking up at Hagrid before turning around to look for his friends. They were nowhere in sight, not a single one, no Harve; no Barty; or Evan; and not even a slight pinch of Pandora's pale blonde hair; and Dorcas hasn't been seen since last night.

He stalled as much as he could - swaying on his feet, turning his head every few seconds to look busy, but it was no good, Hagrid gave him the nod. The indication.

He now has to board the Express.

Regulus hated the ride home, it was too long and bored him easily. He much preferred the Floo Network.

The tired boy looked for an empty compartment, turning his head left and right, searching for a familiar face, until finally, he found one; Pandora.

"Pandora, hey" He said, opening the compartment door slightly to peek his head in.

"Oh hello Regulus, where are the others?" She waved, standing up.

"No clue" Regulus removed his head from the door to look back at the long hall of compartments, "They should be here somewhere" He mumbled, smiling at Pandora before moving down the Express.

"I'll come with you" Regulus waited for Pandora as she ran back inside the compartment to grab her small handbag full of books and sweets, she returned with a grin, "Let's find the boy's" the two began walking down the long hall, peering into every compartment they passed.

"I assume Dorcas is with Lily and all?"

"How do you know Lily?" Regulus turned his head for a second before returning to the front.

"I met her once or twice, Dorcas only told me last night that they're good friends"

"Interesting, I haven't met her yet. Heard good things about her, just can't picture the face to the good words" He mumbled, his eyes dropping as he passed a compartment filled with other Slytherins.

"She's really sweet, always with this one boy though"

"Oh yeah, Severus" After the interaction with Sirius, Regulus had soon met the boy his brother hated so dearly - and if he was being honest, he would hate him too - he seemed too nosey, always asking him or the others about their business and such; he also loved to brag about the perfect potions he conjured up in Potions class.

He was not the guy Regulus wanted to be seen with, nor have a conversation with.

Regulus knew who Lily Evans was, he just had never seen her face before. And no one felt the need to describe her to him, it was a lost cause. How can everyone be so in love with this girl, yet not have the capability to describe her features to him for even a minute long conversation.

Surprisingly, he had also heard her name from the mouth of James Potter. They were studying in the library one afternoon, talking about the people they hated most at Hogwarts, and James landed on Lily.

He remembers the evening so clearly.

James was mumbling his words, not letting Regulus hear a single thing that escape the boy's mouth, before he said, clearer than ever, "Lily Evans"