ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4 - ʙᴀʀᴛʏ'ꜱ ɴᴇᴡ ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ

𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝟐𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟐
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Autumn was slowly but surely coming to an end as the days drastically moved on through the month. Regulus was currently seated in front of the large windows that outlooked the depths of the Black Lake, busying himself with the load of this week's work he had yet to complete.

The room was oddly quiet for a Saturday afternoon, no sign of any fellow first-years, the only people in the room other than Regulus were three six-years, also busying themselves with work.

So where was everybody?

Regulus continued to write the ingredients to the Boil-Cure Potion on a piece of parchment, "Cure for Boils" as his Professor stated what it did, many times. Next, he wrote the process of the Potion, then finally, he was finished with his Potions work.

"Well that was easy" He whispered to himself before packing up all his books and parchment and making his way to his dorm.

Once again, the room was empty as well as messy. So, as the responsible friend Regulus was, he began to pick up all the scattered clothes and place all the quills and books back on the long desk in the corner of the room. He even found a David Bowie vinyl leant on the small record player's table - he quickly picked it up and placed it with the rest of the vinyl's in one of the two wooden crates under the window.

Bored and curious, Regulus decided to look through the vinyls, humming as he came across many colourful pictures on the covers of them. His eyes scanned over every one till finally, he halted - it was quite bland, in his opinion. It was a simple one really, just a light blue cover with a man's face in the middle, he wore glasses with the boring, white shirt. His dark hair was perfect for his round face.

"John Lennon...?" He read the small writing on the front, picking up the album and placing it on the record player - Harve demonstrated on how to work the machine the morning after Pandora worked with them. Telling all three of the boys that they were allowed to use it whenever they wanted, just to be very careful with the records.

Regulus carefully flicked the switch on the record player and soon, music began to play from the tiny speakers.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us, only sky
Imagine all the people
Livin' for today
Ah

The song sent Regulus into an instant of absolute bliss, leading to him stumbling over to his four-poster and laying down on the comfortable green and silver silk sheets. He laid there, looking up at the curtains as they swayed to the rhythm of the song, having him wonder if the window was open or if someone had just caught him in the act of listening to Muggle music, and decided to leave the door wide open for the world to see. Pondering the second thought for a moment, he raised his head to look at the door - no one was there, but the window was indeed wide open and welcoming all the cold air inside, creating a calm breeze to assist the curtains' dance in the salty wind.

"John Lennon..." Regulus repeated once again with a dazed smile, letting his eyes roam the cracks and small holes in the room's ceiling. It was ancient, but already in the past three weeks did the school make Regulus feel more at home than he had felt at Grimmauld place in the past 11 years.

The classes he attended held more joyful wizards than his entire household at dinner time, feasts in the Great Hall created laughs to erupt from Regulus' mouth ten times more than at parties his family presented themselves at, his friends made him feel more himself than his brother had ever tried to.