ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10 - ᴛᴏ ʀᴀɪꜱᴇ ᴀ ᴛᴏᴀꜱᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ

𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟑
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Today was the first of January, the first to a new year, and the day Regulus and Sirius Black return to Hogwarts after two agonising weeks at 12 Grimmauld Place.

"Hurry up, you two!" Walburga screeched from where she stood, which was the parlour, with her tiny reading glasses in hand and her bendy, long wand in the other.

She tapped her foot impatiently, looking over to the grandfather clock before looking at the spiral staircase before her. Huffing, she gripped the fabric of her long black dress, lifted it slightly, and stomped up the stairs in anger.

"If those trunks aren't locked and outside your doors before I reach your rooms, I will be throwing my wand!" She yelled, stomping her feet louder and louder with each step.

Regulus slammed his trunk closed and snapped the locks shut before dragging it outside his room. Huffing and panicking, he ran into his room, grabbed his Slytherin scarf and returned to his doorframe.

He watched as his Mother peered over at him from the top of the stairs, grinned, and turned towards Sirius' door. He was just dragging his trunk out by the time she reached him, Gryffindor scarf around his neck.

She grabbed the ends of the scarf, pulled it off his head with an annoyed look and threw it to the floor.

Sirius watched as she stepped on it, turned around and walked to the staircase. With a wave of her wand, the two trunks lifted and followed her moving body back down to the parlour.

"Ready?" Regulus asked as he walked over to his brother, Sirius looked at him with a grin and a nod, picked up his scarf and walked the stairs.

"Ready!" He called out in delight.

"Me too" Regulus whispered to himself, before following his overly joyful brother down the stairs.

"Hurry," Walburga said, ushering into the living room to stand in front of the fireplace. "Hurry up and grab the damn Floo powder, would you?!" She snapped at Sirius as she held the bowl in his face.

Walburga Black was a very impatient woman.

Sirius quickly snatched a large handful of the green powder and stood in the fireplace, taking deep breaths.

"You're going to... Dumbledore's office" She said his name with a snarl before facing Regulus with the bowl, "Grab some" She said more calmly.

"Professor Dumbledore's office!" Sirius shouted, throwing the Floo powder onto the dirty fireplace floor before going up in bright green flames.

Regulus watched in amusement; he always loved seeing how the Floo Network worked.

"Your turn, boy," Walburga sighed, placing the bowl onto the table after Regulus grabbed his handful.

"Oh- yes, of course" He stammered in his Mother's wicked presence.

He stepped into the fireplace and looked around the darkened room.

"Where is my trunk, Mother?" He asked.

"Already at Hogwarts, now hurry" She clicked her fingers.

"Professor Dumbledore's office!" He shouted, throwing the powder down before going up in flames.

He was spiralling, his insides felt weird as they shaped and turned in odd ways. He felt like he was going to throw up, but held it as he was now in front of his brother in Dumbledore's fireplace.