ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8 - 12 ɢʀɪᴍᴍᴀᴜʟᴅ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ

𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝟒𝐭𝐡 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟐
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

"I'm so proud of you, James!" Sirius cheered as the four Gryffindor boy's reunited after the Quidditch match. All boy's looked so different, yet similar, in their own clothes.

Sirius wore his usual attire; a white collar shirt under his maroon v-line knitted sweater, comfortable black trousers, paired with black loafers. And the black leather jacket James bought him for Christmas last year.

Remus wore something less posh; a tight dark brown long sleeve tucked into his light brown trousers, which were a bit too big for him, and casual black shoes with an inch heel on them. He also wore a big black coat with darker wool on the inside, that draped down to his mid thigh.

Peter didn't really fancy the clothes his parents bought him, as they were either too big for him or too fancy. So, he sometimes wore a mixture of Remus and James' clothes; another of Remus' tight cotton long sleeve, it was a dark shade of blue with a few colourful stripes wrapped around the middle, and James' black trousers, which were also too big for him, but they looked better than the tight pants his mum bought him. Dark brown loafers and his own brown woollen jacket.

And James just wore his maroon Quidditch uniform.

"The amount of times I threw the Quaffle in the hoops were incredible!" James had an idea that his lively grin wouldn't be fading from his face anytime soon.

"I couldn't even keep up with it" Sirius chuckled as he patted James' shoulder, the four boy's walked into the entrance hall and headed up to their common room.

"I want cake" Remus mumbled to no one in particular, but everyone heard.

"Cake? At this time?" Peter responded.

"Yeah - no idea why, I just want it"

"Well, let's go to the kitchens, we can celebrate James' first victory there" Sirius suggested, turning from the stairs that led them to the common room.

"Why not" James smiled, leading the way to the kitchens.

They walked down marble stairs and into a broad stone basement corridor, the room was brightly lit and the walls were decorated with food-themed paintings. Some tall paintings, some short; some long ones, some small.

The four boy's walked towards one of the paintings at the back of the basement corridor and stood in front of a peculiar one. Sirius tickled the pear in the painting.

The pear giggled and turned into a large dark green door handle.

The entrance to the Hogwarts kitchens.

"Chocolate cake" Remus mumbled, again, to no one in particular, yet they all heard him.

"Yeah, some chocolate cake would be nice" Sirius said, walking over to the large counter island of the kitchens.

The room was filled with pots and pans and cutlery and elves. Tiny elves ran near the four sets of legs, running in between the boy's and around them. Pots and pans flew over their heads, filled with all sorts of different foods for the next feast. Knives were everywhere Remus looked; sitting on the counters, safely kept in an elf's hand, or zooming past his head at an abnormal and unsafe speed.

"Hello, Mr Lupin!" Remus heard an elf speak his name. Looking down from where he now sat (which was on one of the four stools, placed along the island counter), there was an elf, Pokey, as the boy's knew her as.