ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17 - ᴘᴇᴀᴄʜᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀᴜɪꜱᴇꜱ

𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝟐𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟑
└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

"You know your mother and I despise the Potter's, Sirius, how could you go and betray your bloodline, I mean- mingling with blood traitors?! You are disgracing the family name every. Single. Day!" Orion screamed, blood rushing up his neck to his cheeks, as he tensed his jaw. He gripped Sirius' collar tightly, before dragging him into his office and slamming the door behind him.

All Regulus could hear were the painful screams of agony flowing out of his brother's mouth as Orion yelled at him, followed by the sounds of his wand scraping across wood. The office door was thick, but not broad enough to refrain the sound of gasps of pain from Sirius, escaping - reaching Regulus' ears as he recoiled from the door.

"Water or milk"

Water or milk? What was father saying? Regulus' mind ran a ruckus, as his figure trembled down the corridor.

"Wake up or I'm going to pour water and milk on you" Sirius spoke from above Regulus' sleeping figure, grinning as the boy shuffled his body deeper under the covers, "1..." Sirius waited for Regulus to rethink his actions, before continuing with his countdown, "2..." He held a breath for a moment, eyes scanning over his brother as he groaned, tightening his closed eyes. "...3" Sirius laughed, emptying the cup of warm water onto Regulus, awakening the boy in less than a second.

Regulus sat up in shock, his mouth open wide as he processed the scene before him - Sirius standing before him, clutching his stomach as he barked with laughter, with two large cups in his hands. Slowly, the younger boy's brows furrowed, as a frown appeared on his face as he watched his foolish brother practically prance around in his room.

"SIRIUS!" Regulus screamed, ripping the blankets off his body as Sirius dropped the cups of liquid and ran out of the room, barks of laughter echoing through the house, "I'm going to hex you!" He shouted as anger erupted from the mellow of his feet, to the tangled mess of hair on his head.

"CAN'T IF YOU'RE INCAPABLE OF FINDING ME!" Sirius shouted back, leaving Regulus to ponder his words - and level of volume.

He wouldn't be shouting that loud if their parents were home.

Regulus ran his hands through his soaked hair, grumbling to himself as he ripped his towel off the hanger and ventured to the bathroom down the corridor.

He showered as he thought of the numerous things he could possibly do today while his parents were away; harvesting the peach trees; reading in the drawing room on the fourth-floor; painting in the living room - odd things that most people would think were peculiar to do whenever the parents weren't home - but Regulus found that many of his interests were not things his mother loved to see, or his father.

The peach trees were there for decor. Whenever guests would stop for tea, they would sit outside under the warm sun, shade faintly hovering over them as the branches on the trees outstretched over their heads, the leaves of green mixed with the alluring colour of red and yellow peaches casted liveliness in the backyard of the dull, grey house. No one was allowed to touch the peaches, no one but Kreacher.

The drawing room on the fourth-floor was Walburga's most prized room. No children were allowed to step foot onto the white carpet, or touch the door, or breathe in the direction of the room - it was off limits to every child. Regulus had only seen the inside of the room twice, though both times were not willingly. He remembers the softness of the armchairs, and the satiny feeling of the cushions that would sit upon the ottomans. So, reading in the drawing room would mend Regulus' curiosity of the environment, the silence that would overcome him as his mind entered a new realm of imaginations with his book of choice.