ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18 - ᴀꜱᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟑
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

The morning air was crisp, and a sleeping Regulus was snoring away in his bed. Small knocks on the bedroom door echoed in the room, but his dreams were far too fascinating to even notice the noise.

His small body was trapped in a tiny room, figures of both tall and short surrounding him. Looking down, his once clean hands were now covered in a black substance - the liquid endlessly dripping from his fingertips as he desperately tried to clean himself.

"Master Regulus!" A voice rang out in Regulus' mind, "Master Regulus must get ready, the train leaves in an hour!"

He woke up frantically, his heart pounding in his chest. He sat there for a moment, his eyes adjusting to the light as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. His gaze flickered across the room as he stretched his limbs.

"Thank you, Kreacher! I'm awake now" Regulus called out to the elf, the sound of tiny footsteps fading away caused him to rip the sheets off him, before running to fetch his towel.

His eyes drifted over to the small clock; 10:04am.

The dreadful quietness of the house made Regulus feel anxious of what was to come. Where was the usual sound of Kreacher running around, fetching things for Walburga; or Sirius' loud stomping, searching for what to wear, or what to pack.

Regulus patterned footsteps would look strange to anyone, stepping from left to right, but it was a habit he picked up growing up in 12 Grimmauld Place, most of the floorboards creak, and they'll know you're awake and moving about.

He headed straight for the bathroom, locking the door behind him and throwing his towel over the rack. He looked back in the mirror, eyes examining the small scars on his collarbones. He had been trying to stay in line with his mother, following her rules, offering to help them with things, or mainly, staying out of their way.

Soon enough, the shower was running. He stood under the water, allowing the burning sensation to relax him. By the time he was cleaned up and dressed, Sirius was by his door, trunk in hand and a grin on his face.

"Are you ready?" His eyes were filled with so much light, flickering all around the room. He pointed to the trunk/ record player, "Aren't you bringing that?"

"Should I?" Regulus looked over at the record player with hesitation, the vinyls peeking out from behind the trunk made him think it over.

"Why wouldn't you? I thought you liked listening to music" Sirius' brows furrowed as he surveyed his brother's expression. "What if mother comes snooping in your room while we're gone, and not only that, what if she finds the books you're hiding behind your potions homework."

Regulus hated when Sirius' found everything he hid - no matter what or where it was - he always found it.

"Help me pack it up, please" Regulus moved towards the bookshelf, removing the muggle books Pandora had gifted him from behind the homework. Sirius quickly, and gently, shut the trunk and locked it.

"Don't forget to pack your homework, Slughorn wouldn't like that his star student forgot about his work over the summer" Sirius grabbed the homework, placing it on Regulus' bed before moving over to pack the vinyls, "Where is your trunk?"

"Downstairs. I put it there last night" Regulus said, eyeing his brother's trunk. A snip of red and orange could be seen poking out, "What's that?" He pointed to the clothing.

"My gryffindor scarf?" Sirius' eyes flickered over to his trunk, before moving to shove the scarf back in.