CHAPTER TWELVE: Set Up

Start from the beginning

"Mmhh maybe your makeup needs a bit of touch up but you look banging in that outfit. Absolutely smashable. I mean that's the whole idea in the first place. You understood the assignment huh? You eager bitch!" Okay now I was lost and my face made sure to show it.

"What on earth are you talking about?"

She gave me that wink thing, her grin widening.

"Don't worry. You'll find out soon enough. It won't be long now I'm sure. Let's go to my room then we'll come down for lunch."

"I thought I was here to help you with your case study since Dr Allan treats us like we're primary school students that need to do their homework regularly." I huffed.

"What case study?"

"Okay the one you said you needed help with. The reason I'm here? And I don't think we should leave while the candles are burning unattended like this."

She looked at me puzzled for a few seconds before the lights turned on.

What the hell is going on?

"Oh that?" She snorted.

"Yeah about that. I actually lied to get you to come here."

"Wait what? What do you mean you lied? Then what am I doing here?"

I wasn't about to be killed and my organs sold off in the black market was I? It would explain a lot. I mean people with these houses didn't always get them through legal means. And judging by everything happening in my life recently, I didn't exactly have the track record for best luck at times.

"You'll find out soon enough. When he's finally here."

"When who's here?"

Should I be panicking right now?

Her stunning room did nothing to soothe me. As if that wasn't enough, there was an opening of the door downstairs which made me jump out of my own skin. That made Mildred laugh.

"Stop looking so scared. Nothing will happen to you."

Then a male voice shouted up the stairs.

"Burn the house down while you're at it will you? It's the only thing you still haven't done yet!"

The voice sounded awfully familiar it made my reaction to the news Mildred currently sprung on me a little slower.

"Wha-what's going on?"

"Well I did promise you though so there's that. Like I said before, you can depend on me. I got you sis. Now come on."

She pulled my half dazed self down the stairs into the previously vacant dining room but was now fully occupied by a man in a blue suit with his one leg slung over the other on the couch. An all too familiar man I think.

"I'll humour you for a little while."

I was really tired so arguing about any of this or whatever the hell was going on was draining to me. My brain and body were incapable of partaking in the tedious task of fighting.