Chapter 27: Weird Ending

"Skolas from the House of Wolves! Surrender now! You are under arrest!" Petra said firmly, the Kell of Kells not looking desperate despite having no more options at hand. 

One by one, the Fallen around warped out of that place, either induvidually or along with a ship. However, the main ketch was not going anywhere. The giant vessel, almost 10 times bigger than even the largest of destroyer ships, stayed behind, being slowly bombarded by the Awoken forces nearby. A Fallen without a ketch was almost the same as a guardian without the Last City.

"3 against 1" said the Kells of Kells. "And here I thought guardians were honorable warriors"

"You've got some nerve to say that" Petra replied angrily.

Skolas stared at all of his opponents, getting ready to fight them all at once. Even if it was a small chance, he could see himself at least getting out of there. Nonetheless, he gave up on that idea as soon as more enemies showed up. Taeko came out from the floor, breaking through it. Uldren showed up in his ship, accompanied by Idus and Kadiah standing on top of it. 

Finally, one last rumbling was heard from the ketch above. An explosion occured while someone emerged from the fire embodied in an aura of flames. Cordell made his way down and landed in a crash. Now, there really was no way for Skolas to escape, no matter how strong or fast he could be. No Fallen would be match for the opponents he had in front of him.

It took a long while before the Kell of Kells dared to do something, the guardians and Awoken all waiting for his response until the Fallen surprised them all. Even if he was defeated, everyone expected Skolas's pride to kept him going. However, the Kells of Kells raised his 4 hands instead, kneeling and closing his eyes. "I surrender" That is all he muttered in a calm voice, not another word being said for several seconds.

'Huh?' Cordell asked himself, clearly disappointed because he expected a better fight.

Petra and Cayde exchanged looks of confusion. Taeko, Uldren, Idus and Kadiah did the same. On the other hand, Mara narrowed her eyes and stared at Skolas in suspicion. Although, she really found no further way for him to trick them anymore. "Restrain him" the queen bluntly ordered, her personal guard approaching Skolas in order to cuff him. 

Everyone calmed down a bit as Skolas was restrained, being taken into the queen's ship. And so, Cayde sighed and put his gun down. "Okay then... That was easy" the exo claimed as Idus and Kadiah looked conflicted. The easy arrest of Skolas was certainly strange for them, but suddenly, they were brought back to reality by another doubt they had in mind...

Where were Ravi and Leah?

...

...

...

Inside the main Vex construct...

Leah and Milaya gave it their all. The girls attacked the cyborg man continuously, getting dodged or countered every time. On the other hand, Ravi watched everything in frustration, so tired that he could not even stand on his own. Leah knew this fact, so she was not just focused on dealing with the opponent in front of her, but also protecting Ravi in case it was necessary.

Milaya went for a direct attack with her dagger. The guy dodged every slash from every direction. Then, Leah tried to attack from a blind spot, but the stranger dodged and took a hold of her arm. He then pulled Leah in front of him, using her as a human shield while Milaya was forced to stop her next attack. 

Leah groaned and twirled her body, freeing herself from the man's grip. Then, she recovered her balance. Nevertheless, Milaya quickly rushed forward, pushing her aside. It was clear that the stranger could handle both of them. What is more, the poor coordination between both girls was difficulting the fight, which is why Milaya decided to attack on her own now, even if she had less chances of winning.