Chapter 8: Golden & Radiant

'What?! You are kidding!!!' Ravi thought in shock, noticing that another hand was holding the spark as well... Idus's hand to be exact. 'No way... Idus... You too?!'

The hunter's eyes were also glowing, but unlike the majestic radiant glow that Ravi was showing of, his eyes were more of an imposing gold.

"Kgh!"

The pressure of both trainees increased as the fiery aura surrounding them produced flames and flares. Their fire splattered around as the wind shook due to their raw power. At the same time, the air turned hot as both boys started yelling, determined to take possession of the spark at all cost until, finally, they both got pushed back by each other's flames.

Ravi and Idus groaned as the spark got thrown in a random direction. However, Jynna from team 1 got lucky enough to catch it, just as she was arriving to the middle area. Team 1 was in control of the spark, but it wasn't over yet. They had a plan to follow.

"Jynna! Quick!!" Ravi said as Jynna passed him the spark. Now the bluenette had it, and he was face to face against none other than Idus. 'What the hell?' What power is that?' thought the boy, seeing Idus's golden flames in search of an explanation. 'He has never used that trick before. It must be something new, but still... It looks...'

...

..,

...

'...so similar to my Radiance'

...

...

...

At the special room...

"NO WAAAYYYY!!!" Cayde yelled in disbelief. The sudden power-up of Idus had taken him by surprise entirely. In fact, it took everyone watching the fight by surprise except for one person. "IDUS CAN DO THAT ALREADY?! THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!! THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN I THOUGHT!!!"

"Idus... can use Radiance?" Leah asked in shock.

"He... really used it" Kadiah replied, Leah startling at the fact that she wasn't that surprised.

"Wait... You knew about that... thing?

"Yeah, I've been training with Idus a lot these past weeks, but I am sure he worked even harder than me. When he found out about Ravi's Radiance and new power, he chose to spend more time training to not stay behind. I guess it's a consequence of his own pride, but either way, it finally happened one day..."

"You mean... he awakened his own Radiance?"

"Not Radiance" Cayde stated. "'Radiance' is a term most commonly used by warlocks. The power-up and appearance might be similar to Radiance, but we, hunters, have a different term for it"

"A-and that is..."

"Golden mode..." Kadiah bluntly replied. "Th-that's how Idus called it when he first used it. And after that, he spent several days learning how to control it in secret. I'm not sure he can fully control it, but there's not doubt that he's a lot stronger now"