Chapter 7: Blinding Surprise

"You... What's your name?" Leah asked, the others exalting at her serious tone.

"Milaya" the awoken girl said, watching how Leah turned to look at her as well.

"Milaya... I'm sorry to tell you this, but you don't know what you are saying"

"Huh?"

The hunter girl turned to the screens, clenching her fists with a determined expression. "Just you wait... A fight is not over until the very end. You may see how wrong you are in just a few seconds"

"Leah..." Kadiah muttered, Milaya remaining silent as Leah's words actually managed to get a grin out of Cayde and Petra.

"We will see..." Milaya said defiantly, confident in her own prediction, but intrigued by Leah's strong faith. 'This girl... With only 2 minutes left, there must be almost nothing team 1 can do, and yet... Does she really believe that much in her friend?'

...

...

...

Back at the arena...

'What's this?' thought Ismat, seeing his opponents. 'There's less than 2 minutes left, and yet...'

'Their eyes are still determined' Idus added. 'They really seem to have something in mind... but with this little time...'

"There's not much time left, you know?" Erika told Liz, who was now holding the spark. "Idus warned you might have something in mind, but perhaps he was wrong. You don't seem to have a plan aside from just trying harder"

Liz giggled slightly, a faint laugh that took Erika by surprise totally. "It's not that we don't have a plan" replied the girl, holding the spark firmly as she then rushed towards Erika in a fast move. "We were just getting everything ready for it!"

"Huh?"

Erika startled as Liz moved towards her seemingly without a plan, just trying her luck in the hopes of getting past Erika somehow... though that was not really what she was doing.

Erika got ready to attack, but then suddenly, as she released void energy on her hands, a quick flash of outstandingly shining light covered her field of vision. The girl was stunned by this only for a brief moment. Her eyes couldn't distinguish at all what had happened since it was instantaneous, but then she felt it... Liz's foot on her back, kicking her with great force, just like she had kicked her before. The team 1 girl had really gotten past her.

Team 2 and everyone on the special room exalted as Ravi and his team smiled. Then, they wasted no time and rushed forward as fast as they could. With Liz getting past the middle room while holding the spark, team 2's strategy had crumbled entirely. Without mentioning they were taken off balance by the sudden turn of tables.

'What the hell just happened?!?!' Idus asked as he ran in direction to his rift.

'Erika didn't even react!!' Ismat added in the same manner. 'What was that flash?!'

...

...

...