Chapter Twenty-Nine: Cleansing the Condo

Antonia had just hung up the phone with Dallas for the night when the door opened, and Jynx let herself in. "You really need to start locking your door when you're home alone." She scolded with a shake of her head. "You're asking to get robbed or worse." She laid her purse on the table next to the door and walked into the living room, dropping onto the recliner and curling up.

"I thought I did." Antonia shrugged and chewed her lower lip nervously. "Jynx, I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me."

"I'm still kinda pissed about it, mostly because I seriously almost peed myself. Two bottles of water and an energy drink make for a very full bladder. It didn't help that Raven and I were making up ghost stories." She gave her a small smile. " Raven said you cried, like with actual tears."

Antonia nodded reluctantly. "Mave and I cleared the air, which made me feel so much better and lighter. Then, when I upset you, everything just came back down on me, and I got emotional. I really am sorry about Keanna. I wish I had never introduced you guys."

Jynx waved her hand. "I'm upset, but I'm not overly shocked. She told me she had some anger issues that she had done classes for, and Mave said he'd look and see if it was just a restraining order or an abuse prevention order, one's public record and one isn't. I was planning on asking him to look into her a little before I moved in with her, just because of the anger issues. People with anger issues usually don't get help unless something forces them to." She explained her thoughts on the matter quickly. "At least not in my experience anyway. But I'm going to break up with her regardless, just because she wasn't honest about things at the beginning."

"I'm not sure how she thought she'd hide it." Antonia frowned. "She has to know Dallas and Jax are friends."

"Maybe she doesn't realize that Jax helped her ex get the legal stuff done."

"Maybe." Antonia sighed. It was all so messed up, she felt like her and Dallas's relationship ending was going to topple a few relationships. "Are we okay?"

"Yeah, we're good," Jynx grinned. "But if there are any more pranks like that, I'm out."

"Fair enough." Antonia chuckled as Jynx got a notification on her phone and checked it. 

"Raven wants me to take pictures of Dallas's favourite shirts." She glanced up from the phone, looking confused. "Something about expanding on the ripped stitches prank."

"I can show you the ones he left behind." Antonia nodded and stood up, leading the way to the bedroom. "I wonder what she's planning now."

"Who knows? Raven's taking Dallas cheating on you as a personal affront. She can't believe he hid his true nature as long as he did."

—--------------------------------

The next day went by quickly. They closed the shop early in the afternoon and decided to start on the renovations the following Monday, giving everyone five days off to relax before they got started. D'arcy was coming over to Antonia's condo with her to do a cleansing and some protection spells, while Jynx and Raven were coming with the seam rippers and another surprise prank.

D'arcy arrived first and brought in a bag that looked kind of heavy, as well as a homemade straw broom. "Are you ready to get started?"

"Sure?" Antonia chuckled. "I gotta tell you, D'arce, this isn't something I'd normally do."

"Listen, all we're going to do is a little ritual and put an intention out to the universe." She shrugged nonchalantly. "Do you pray?"

"No, not really. I don't get any comfort from it, although I understand it works for other people. I do meditate and believe in energy though."