Chapter Twenty-Three: Have a Shiny Day

*Copyright: All Rights Reserved, Stephanie Myrick, 2024. Posted to Wattpad ONLY*

Antonia

The day was busy; they were running through their stock so quickly that Antonia was pretty sure they'd be out earlier than Friday. She asked Jay to do an inventory in the back, and when he came back with the numbers, she spoke to Jynx and Raven, and they agreed to shut down Thursday instead. Jay put the date change and a list of what was left/available on social media. She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket several times but had to ignore it; she barely had time to pee from the moment they opened their doors. When there was a lull around lunchtime, she ran down the street to the cafe to get out of the store and grab food for everyone. While waiting for her order, she checked her messages and saw several messages and missed calls from Dallas. She opened the messages, scrolling up to the first one at about ten in the morning.

Morning Love, I missed waking up with you this morning. Hope you have a great day! 😘

Well, that explains you not answering me. Jax and I just drove by the shop to get food, and people were pouring in and out. I was going to stop in, but I decided you were too busy. Love you! Remember to hydrate 🥰

Someone thought it would be hilarious to send me a glitter bomb in the mail 😡

This was followed by a picture of his office absolutely sparkling in the sunlight from the window and him covered in glitter from head to toe, looking pissed. Then, another picture of the crew gathered around him. Antonia had to bite down hard on her bottom lip to keep from laughing like a mad woman in the middle of the cafe.

No one will say they did it; they just keep laughing. Personally, I think it's Derrick. Asshole was pissed I got the Lt. position over him.

There had been two missed calls, so when she had her order and was walking back to the shop, she called him back.

"Hey." His tone was less than impressed, and she could hear the sounds of people talking behind him.
"Hey, Sparkles." She teased. "Looks like you've had shiny day."

"Yeah. Listen, you're going to have to pick me up to go to the appointment this afternoon."

"Okay, no problem." Antonia adjusted her tone to sound concerned. "Is everything okay?"

"I went to grab something out of the truck after Jax and I got back, and one of these fuckers -" his voice rose as he spoke, and she could hear them all denying doing it. "Put fox piss in there. I just dropped it off to be detailed, and it won't be done until tomorrow." His voice went back to normal, and she was a little shocked; she had never heard him yell before.

"What? Why would they do that?" She stopped outside the shop to finish the conversation, her surprise at his yelling helping to cover her amusement.

"I don't know." A door slammed, and she guessed he had gone to his office. "But my key was moved here, and I found the bottle of fox piss in the garbage outside." He sighed, and she could picture him dropping into his chair and rubbing his forehead. "The cost of the detailing is coming out of the snack jar as per the captain's orders. He's also pissed about the glitter now because it's everywhere and has put a moratorium on pranks for the foreseeable future."

"I'm sorry you're having a rough day. Would you like me to pick you up something before I pick you up?"

"Coffee and a donut." He sounded like a little child being placated by a toy. "What did the doctor say?"

"Based on what I described, he thinks it's a bladder infection, and he prescribed antibiotics. He also ordered a full panel STI test, too, just to be on the safe side." Antonia waved to Posey through the door and got her to come take the bags of food from her.