Chapter Six: Six Times Too Many

**This is my original copyrighted work. I will only post on Wattpad. Do not copy or repost to any other apps. If you find this story on another app, please let me know so I can have it taken down. Whoever is stealing my stories, please kindly get a life. There are plenty of AI chatbots out there that can write stories for you if you aren't creative enough to come up with your own.**

Antonia and Raven spent the better part of the next two hours moving all the furniture, pictures and wall art just one inch to the right or left. Antonia explained that if it worked the way she thought it would, he wouldn't notice everything was slightly off, but he would walk into things, knock things over and not understand why.

"You know, if we tell Eric what's going on, he would be happy to help." Raven dropped down on the couch next to her. "And he could probably get the guys at the station to help out too."

"Would he be able to find out if there was overtime around the dates I got the jewelry?" Antonia looked around, wondering what else she could do to mess with him.

"Yeah, I'm sure he could." Raven tilted her head at her. "Tell me what's going on in that pretty head of yours."

Antonia chuckled softly. "Maybe there's something to Jynx's claims that you're telepathic."

"Don't you start with that crap." Raven rolled her eyes. "Jynx is one step away from collapsing the foundation of the house with the weight of crystals. Do me a favour and don't order any new ones for a while, or stop selling them to her wholesale. Now tell me what's going on."

"What's wrong with me?" She leaned back on the couch. "I don't feel anything about this. I should be devastated, crying. I should want to confront him and Nola, tell them what terrible people they are, and ask why, but I just don't care. I almost feel relieved."

"Because you expect everyone to let you down eventually." Raven shifted so she was facing her. "Come on, Toni, Mave, your mom, your stepdad, they all let you down. Mave fucked up by hiding things from you and only coming clean when he had no choice. Your mom stole your future and took away the joy you got from music by chasing down unproven and experimental treatments despite being told by numerous doctors that there was nothing that could be done for her. Your stepdad left you alone to look after her and deal with it all but didn't divorce her and gave her just enough hope that they would get back together if she got better so she wouldn't remove him as the beneficiary to her life insurance. He left everything about the funeral to you, took Nola to Hawaii for a vacation and was only too happy to let you have the house and store that were mortgaged to the hilt. Why wouldn't you expect Dallas to let you down too?"

Antonia closed her eyes and nodded slowly. "He worked so hard to get me to date him though." He had chased her for months. "Why do that just to cheat? With my sister at that?"

Raven paused as she thought about it. "You were a challenge, and the others weren't? Nola chased him for months before he gave in. Maybe it was just an easy fuck. Was there anything going on besides the overtime when he bought you jewelry?"

"Oh my god." Antonia put her face in her hands. "My period." She was very irregular, sometimes going months between periods, but when she got them, they were heavy with debilitating cramps that would last for ten days or longer.

Understanding bloomed across Raven's face. "Couldn't have sex with you, so he got it somewhere else." She leaned forward. "Was he forcing you to have sex?"

"No." Antonia laughed. "That was one thing we really had in common: high sex drives."

"So how are you going to explain not wanting sex with him for the next little while?"