Who is Breathing?

We reached our hostel by 5pm after classes, in our hostel bus.

We wash and hang our clothes to dry on the terrance.

I washed my clothes by 6pm, but my roommate that day went to the terrace at midnight 12:30 am to wash her clothes, as she slept for too long after returning from classes.

Let's call her Anu for now, to keep her real name anonymous.

So Anu was washing her clothes and suddenly she felt like someone was breathing into her ears.

She flinched and immediately turned around, but nothing was there. So she continued washing her clothes thinking it was nothing and came down after hanging her clothes to dry.

The next day Anu went to hang out with her friends in Room 108. Well our Room is 106 by the way.

I was studying in our studyroom when suddenly the electricity went out.

So since I can't study in the dark, I went towards our bedroom, where I heard my other two roommates talking.

Suddenly we heard a scream from Room 108. As chaos was common in our hostel, we ignored the scream and continued with our conversation.

After the electricity was back, we saw Anu running back into our room, to share what she heard from the girls in Room 108.

So one of the girl in Room 108 went towards the kitchen to take something to eat when the lights were out.

As some light was coming from outside through the window, it was not difficult for her to find the way.

But then she suddenly saw a shadow of something rush from one end to the other inside the kitchen.

She immediately peeped inside the kitchen to see what it was. She didn't see anything, instead the lights in the kitchen started to flicker.

She got really scared and started screaming running out.

After she told her friends what happened in the kitchen, they all sat down together and started discussing about their experiences.

Two of the girls in Room 108 said how they sometimes feel like someone is breathing into their ears.

That's when it clicked to Anu that, she also experienced the same thing.

After that what Anu heard shocked her to the wits and when the lights came back, she wasted no more time to run towards us, to share what she heard from others.

She said that the room direct above Room 108 had four girls, who used to play Ouija board.

But they got caught once and were scolded enough that three girls in that room vacated the hostel next day itself.

That's when it clicked to us that the stone on the terrace, on which we wash our clothes is fixed directly above the room where those girls played the Ouija board.

After that night, Anu has never went to the terrace alone.

I'm out of that hostel now, but that spirit is still there, since it haven't done anything yet to show its presence other than breathing into our ears.
___________________________

If you liked the story, please don't forget to vote and comment your opinions.