Snake Police

There is a Naga (Snake) Temple in our nearby village. There many snakes live inside the temple itself, under the surface and comes out when the priest closes the temple door, to have the offerings brought by the devotees for them.

It was festival season in the Naga Temple. After all the preparation for the grand festival to be held the next day was over, the temple priests closed the temple and went back to their home.

That night around 2 AM after everybody left, two thiefs entered the temple to steal the valuables from the temple.

The moment they opened the door of the temple, snakes jumped on both of them and wrapped it's body around both of their legs, stopping them from running away.

When this was happening in the temple, simultaneously the Velichappadu (it literally means the revealer of light, who is a mediator between the deity and the devotees) of the temple were enlightened with the happenings in the temple while they were asleep and woke up screaming and started running from their houses screaming until they reached the temple.

Because of their screams, the villagers were also woken up and started running towards the temple following them.

What they saw there was something that their eyes couldn't believe.

The villagers immediately called the police.

The snakes didn't leave the thiefs until the police arrived.

After the police arrived they slowly left the legs of the thiefs and went inside the temple.

People who witnessed this couldn't believe their eyes because the snakes could have easily punished the thiefs by biting them, but it seems like the Naga God wanted the thiefs to get punished as per the human law.

___________________________
A/N:
When I recently visited the Naga Temple on a special occasion, a grandma there told me about this incident, while we were waiting for the Pooja to start.

If you liked the story, please don't forget to vote and comment your opinions.