One Knock!!

There is a Graveyard near the Temple in our Village.

Since the graveyard is situated on the roadside, whenever people used to go through the road in front of the graveyard, their vehicle used to stop working automatically. Then people had to push their vehicle until they are out of sight from the graveyard for their vehicle to start again.

We also used to hear really scary noises coming from the graveyard at night.

One day I was walking towards the bus stop to go to school and when I was near the graveyard suddenly someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around to see that no one was behind me.

I was told to not turn around when the spirit calls you from behind, but my body turned itself around before my brain could pass this message to my body.

I thought I'm Doomed now.

But then I noticed a creepy looking uncle was walking towards me. I got so scared that I ran away from there as fast as I could.

When I turned around while running, I saw that, that uncle was also running behind me. I tried to run faster then and after I turned the corner, I didn't see that uncle again.

I don't know if I'm thinking too much, but I felt like that spirit, who touched my shoulder was trying to help me by showing me that a creepy looking uncle was following me.

I felt like there are both good and bad spirits living in that graveyard.

But things started getting bad day by day, as the evil spirits living there started to scare the people who came to the temple to pray.

Then the people in our village went to the temple priest to ask for a solution, as it was getting really difficult to coexist in the village with the spirits in the graveyard.

The priest told that the power of evil spirits in the graveyard is rising, so we need to do a Pooja (Fire Ritual) to invoke the spirits and capture them and give them Moksha (Salvation) or send them to a place where they cannot disturb the humans anymore.

So our village people decided to perform the Pooja to capture the spirits and bring peace to both the spirits as well as the village people.

The day of Pooja arrived.

The sorcerer who was called to capture the spirits told us to close all the doors and windows of our house during the Pooja and not to come out of our houses even by mistake.

It was night time. The sorcerer started the Pooja.

Our whole village could hear the screams of the spirits in the graveyard from our house.

We turned on our television and kept the volume on high, so that we won't hear the screams.

Suddenly someone knocked on our door with so much power that, it felt like our whole house vibrated.

My dad went towards the door to see who it was.

But before my dad could open the door my mom stopped him and reminded him that the sorcerer has told us to keep our doors closed and not to come out of our houses even by mistake.

My dad remembered his words and decided to ignore the knock and we continued watching TV.

After sometime the screams stopped and we all decided to sleep.

The next day we came to know from people that, yesterday night when the sorcerer was capturing the spirits, one spirit sliped from his hands and came towards the area where our house is situated.

They also told us that the sorcerer told, if someone knocks at your door one time then that is a spirit because its a human nature to knock two or more times.

That's when I realised the knock on our door last night, that made our whole house shake was the spirit that escaped from the hands of the sorcerer.

It still scares me to think that if my dad had opened the door that night, he would have been possessed by that spirit.

So moral of the story is that, don't open your door if someone knocks at your door only one time.

KNOCK!!

Bcoz that's a Spirit asking Permission to Possess You.

___________________________
A/N:
This was experienced by my cousin. I wrote this chapter in her point of view.

If you liked the story, please don't forget to vote and comment your opinions.