Chapter 14: Pados wali aunty ki beti

vote and comment🧿
120 votes till day after tomorrow?

"A kiss"

My heart stopped beating when he said those 2 words. I don't even know what's happening to me.

I hit him on the chest and got out of his grip.

"Bilkul sharam nahi hai" I said, now at a distance.

He stretched his hands as he said "Tumhare jaisi wife ho to sharam kis baat ki?"
He took a long breath after stretching and hugged the pillow again.

There's no pillow wall between us anymore, considering how he always throws the pillow away during night and sleeps while hugging them.

"Merse aisi baatein mat kiya karo" I told him and tried to straighten the folds on the bedsheet. He literally makes a mess of the sheets everytime.

"Tumse nahi to pados wali aunty ki beti se karu?" He gave me a cheeky grin.

"Maine bola na mat bola karo mere saamne" I said
"And maine bola mujhe chup karwana hai to kya karna padega" He gave me a cheeky grin.

I rolled my eyes and put my head on the pillow too.

I look at him from sideways. he did the same.

A few moments passed before he said "Are you adjusting well?" In a rough voice like he was tired and wants to sleep.

I blinked a yes.

"You know I thought I couldn't adjust well. But everyone has been so...supportive of everything"

He smiled lazily.

"you like to paint don't you?" He asked.

"I do. It helps me calm myself down"

I haven't painted since the day before the fair. I haven't been able to. Id create a mess of this room if I paint here or anywhere in this house. This house is too pretty for that kind of mess.

"I haven't seen you painting since you got here"

I just shrugged.

"Leave that" I said "What do you like to do? What's your hobby?"

He looked sideways in thinking for some moments "Photography. I love capturing things" His eyes were shining bright as he said those words "Just like you do"

"What do you mean?"

"You capture things on a canvas, and I like capturing things in lenses. It's kind of same, you know what I mean?"

"I paint what you capture?"

He nodded with a small smile. "Exactly" He whispered "Do you wanna see?"

"Yes" I told him and he got up so fast like an excited little kid. He opened his closet and brought out a small bag from the back of the closet.

"I was sure that I'm worlds best photographer when I was a teenager, don't judge" He warned by with a smile, his dimple making an appearance.

He took out a dslr and sat at the edge of the bed trying to switch on the camera.

I got up too and sat on my knees on the mattress behind him, trying to peek into his camera in case he hides some embarrassing pictures.

He pressed some buttons on it and a picture appeared on the screen.

"Here, look" He said and leaned back, almost resting against my torso.

He showed me a pic of a few kids playing in a ground "This was from Dehradun" He told me "These little kids got in a fight later on"

I chuckled and he looked at me with a smile but showed more pictures.

"Fasten your seatbelts" He said "Because the next pictures are the real deal"

We spent so many hours going through his camera. He showed me all the pics he clicked. From his camera and the ones saved in his laptop.

We were leaning against the headboard, his laptop on his lap and my chin on his shoulder.

He showed me pictures of nature, birds looking directly into his camera. sunset, sunrise, the most clear pictures of moon I've ever seen. his parents, his family, his friends, everything.

"Look at the time, god" He said. It was 4 am already and neither of us were sleepy or even tired.

"You're so passionate about it" I said and he chuckled.

"I'm passionate about a lot of things, darling. Want me to show you?" His voice was deep

I could literally hear him smirking. His smirk never leaves his face and he just has to make everything dirtier.

"Oh shut up" I said and laid on my own pillow. He closed his laptop as well.

"You never told me why do you paint" He asked and slid down until his head was resting on the pillow. the sheets-

"There's no particular reason" I told him "I remember I was jealous one day that dad appreciated Kritika's drawing when we were little, so I made a drawing better than hers"

He chuckled.

"Bachpan se hi, hm?" He blinked and saw the tiredness in his eyes. And here I thought we weren't tired.

I raised my eyebrows at him like 'obviously'

"Why don't you click pictures anymore? The last one was from 2016"

He bit his lip.

"I'll tell you some other time" He smiled.

I didn't push him to tell me right this moment. I just whispered 'okay' and turned to the other side, the more comfortable side.

My hand was under my head as I stared at the wallpaper design. I saw a little drawing made on the corner of the table and the wall.

Not drawing, doodles. smiley face, moon, stick figures and a lot of those things.

"What are those?" I asked and turned my head to look at him but he was already sleeping, facing me.

His eyes were closed and he looked so perfectly peaceful right now. I suddenly wanted to paint him.

I'll start painting soon.

I turned my head back my old position and stared at those doodles.

I felt a hand crept from my waist to stomach and I shivered at the touch. My t-shirt was a little raised due to all the turning. His hand touched my bare skin.

He pulled me closer to him that my back touched his chest and I felt his breath on my neck. I could hear his heart beating, a little rapidly.

So it's not just me.

He shifted a little to keep his head above mine on the pillow. "Vihaan drew them" He said in his raspy voice "And I drew some on the table"

"You suck at drawing"

He took a sharp breath in and kissed my hair "Not everyone can be as good as you"

Heat crept into my cheeks and butterflies exploded in my whole body. His raspy voice was just making me blush more.

"Sleep, Kaira" He whispered. A shiver went down my spine. I nodded against his chest.

I don't think I could sleep with how close we are if I spend the entire time thinking about it, but listening to his heartbeat was so soothing that I feel asleep immediately.

No nightmares.

I groaned as the sunlight hit directly on my face. His hand was still over me and still holding me close. But he was still sleeping.

"Ahem, ahem"

I jerked his hand away when I heard another voice in the room. I saw Naina leaning by the door, trying to hide her smile.

***

Ik i said 6pm but i couldn't wait till 6 and I had already written the chapter, here u go.