Chapter 8: Naina, who is this?

vote and comment pookies🎀

I woke up early in the morning, not being able to sleep because of all the new surroundings. The mattress was so soft and jumpy that I could've slept in under a minute but I was too insecure that I'll move in my sleep a lot and disturb him.

I was in a sitting position, my head resting against the head board. My eyes went towards him and saw his mouth slightly parted. He looked like a kid. He didn't even bother changing as he was still sleeping in his sherwani.

He although, disturbed me a lot. One of the reasons I couldn't sleep properly. The pillow wall kept falling on me. I'd set it up again but then he would snatch the blanket and I would only have a little to cover myself up.

Then my bangles wouldn't let me sleep how normally sleep, keeping my hand under my head. It was too uncomfortable.

I got out of bed and looked out from the window in his room. The garden was visible and the stranded road outside of the house. The garden was big enough to make the road look small.

I took out my clothes and went to the bathroom. I locked the door behind me as I brushed and took a shower. There was so much space in the walk in closet.

My hands were itching to open the closet doors and peep inside but my curiosity would kill me along with satisfaction never being able to bring me back.

I tied my blouse and wore the saree I brought in with myself.

I internally groaned when I couldn't find a hair dryer. My wet hair stuck on my back, my blouse being backless.

I got out of the bathroom and found him still sleeping. His mouth still parted.
I walked over to his side of the bed and knelt to his level. I softly put my hand under his chin and closed his mouth. I suddenly had the urge to pinch his cheeks.

But then I remembered that I'm supposed to hate him. I quickly got up and went out of the room. I noticed that only the workers were up. I think everyone slept in.

I went to the kitchen.

"Can I help?" I asked to no one in particular but looked at all of them staring at me.

One lady smiled at me "It is okay, ma'am" She said.

I formed my lips in a line.

I was bored and didn't know what to do. I walked to the garden and the chilled winter breeze hit me hard as I shivered. I wasn't wearing any jacket or overcoat. My hair was also drenching still.

I quickly went inside. I saw him then.

He might have changed because he was just in his sweats and a tee. His hair was ruffled as he filled up a water bottle and took a swig out of it.

His eyes met mine but didn't stay long there as they went from my head to toe. Heat crept to my cheeks as I instinctively grabbed the end of my pallu and covered my bare waist with it.