Chapter 25: Misleading Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston, Massachusetts.

LEE JENO

The criminology students walked out of the building in groups, talking and laughing between friends. There wasn't a sign of danger—everything was normal. However, I didn't feel at ease; I wanted to see Jaemin and confirm he was alright. Thus, I entered the faculty and sought my boyfriend through the hallways and classrooms.

I don't panic easily. The hectic behavior is unnatural to my persona; nonetheless, Jaemin always seems to gift me new experiences—fresh emotions that I thought weren't present anymore.

Overly, I moved my head in all directions, attempting to find Jaemin walking around the corridors, but there was no sign of him. At one point, I shouted his name, potentially looking mad at the students passing by. And for the first time in a while. I felt clueless; I didn't know my subsequent move. Should I wait for him? Perhaps he is in the restroom? Was he home already?

"Jeno?" I heard a lively and gentle voice say. Immediately, I turned to look behind me; it was Jaemin, who had his head slightly tilted to the side.

"Love!" I shouted without a second thought and instantly ran to hug him tight. I stepped back and saw him from bottom to top while he still glanced at me, bewildered.

"What is it? Why are you so anxious?"

"'PL' will give a lecture in this building; I need to get you out of here," I stated before holding Jaemin's hand—. "You scared me so much."

"I'm sorry about that," Jaemin walked behind me as I guided him to the exit. Once we were out, various students looked our way, causing him to stand closer to me.

"It's okay. But where were you?"

"I helped Renjun take a couple of boxes to his car," Jaemin answered before sighing. He was anxious; it got crowded around us, and it was challenging to identify Larson as we walked.

"Alright, I apologize for going overboard," I held Jaemin's hand tighter while crossing the street; he didn't let go of me but stopped walking once we stood on the sidewalk—. "Jaemin?"

"Jeno, it's okay. You don't need to apologize," Jaemin subtly smiled at me. He was sincere; the gentle look in his eyes gave it away—. "Now. Are you okay with people looking at us like this?"

Jaemin raised our hands, holding one another. I snickered at his question before kissing his hand; he blushed and averted his glance.

"I'm perfectly okay with it," I smiled at Jaemin before continuing our trail to the parking lots. We must abandon the campus and find safety. None of us is secure with Larson and Henry walking freely.