075. fights and warnings

Billy walks into the war room, the five adults sitting at the map table.

"Hey." Sam greets.

"Hey." Billy mutters.

"Where's Daph?" Jacob asks.

"You tell me." Billy scoffs, sitting down.

"Still going out every night?" Dean asks.

"Yep. Spends as little as time here as possible. Granted, I have, um... seen different women leave her room occasionally. So she does sometimes bring them here." Billy comments.

"We should talk to her." Sam says.

"Yeah, good luck trying to pin her down. She's extremely skilled in the cold shoulder department." Billy says.

"We could get her in the dungeon, trap her, and then talk to her." Dean says.

"You know, something tells me that that isn't gonna help her open up to us." Billy notes.

"Dude, stop trying to lock girls in dungeons." Natalie tells her brother. "It doesn't fucking work."

"I'm gonna go get eat my stress." Billy says, getting up and walking out.

+++

It's 3 AM when Daphne gets back. She tries to quietly shut the door, which is an impossible task given how heavy it is. She holds her heels in her hands as she uses the railing to help her down the stairs in the dark.

She goes to walk into the hall, but stops when a light turns on.

"Wow. It's still dark out, too." She hears Billy's voice.

"Billy..." She turns to her brother who sits at the map table. She looks over, seeing everybody else in the library.

"What is this? An intervention?" She grumbles, rolling her eyes.

"Daph, you... you're being kind of... well, self-destructive." Sam says.

"Oh, Jesus, kill me now." Daphne whispers, her eyes rolling again. "Would you guys just save me the act? Like you have been saints all your lives? I mean, Dean practically screams the whole fuck 'em and leave 'em persona. He's literally a 40 year old frat boy."

"Hey." Dean frowns.

"She's right." Jacob reasons.

"Daph, we're just worried." Billy says, standing up.

"Well, don't be. I told you, I'm fucking fine!" Daphne exclaims.

"You are not fine!" Billy argues. "You know you're not fine!"

"Oh, what, because you know me so fucking well?"

"Yes! You're my little sister, yes, I do know you!"

"You were gone for a year! I changed!"

"Well, maybe you should stop acting and dressing like a fucking slut!" Billy shouts in Daphne's face. She flinches a little, anger swimming in her eyes.

"William!" Natalie yells.

"Whoa, whoa, hey!" Sam calls.

"Hell, no, mister." Delaney shakes her head.

Daphne's body acts before her brain and the harsh slap echoes through the room, Billy's cheek burning bright red.

"Daphne!" Sam yells.

"Oh, shit." Nathan whispers.

Billy looks down at his sister, ignoring the stinging pain in his face.