028. sales pitch

"Dead guy in Akron. Body found two days ago. Throat ripped out, ear to ear." Dean says, walking to the map table.

"Well, good morning to you, too." Sam says.

"Read it." Dean tells Sam who reads the article.

"The guy was a-a known drug dealer with enemies. His throat wasn't ripped out. It was slit with a knife. I'm not really sure this is our kind of thing." Sam says.

"We don't know that. His blood could've been drained." Dean says.

"It could've been?" Sam asks as Larissa walks into the room.

"You know what? You find us a case. Cause I need to hit something. Now."

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Not really. What was she thinkin', man?"

"I don't know. Maybe we should ask her."

"What?" Dean, Natalie, and Larissa question.

"Look, I-I am pissed and-- and frustrated and confused, too. But we've frozen her out for days." Sam says.

"She lied to us, Sam." Dean says.

"I know." Sam says.

"For months." Natalie adds.

"I know, but it's mom. I mean, whatever she was doing, she must've had a good reason." Sam tries to defend.

"Please tell me you're not serious." Larissa says.

"Okay, look, Sam, just because you want a good parent -- as do I -- doesn't mean we're gonna get one." Natalie remarks.

"A good reason? A good reason for working with those ass clowns?" Dean asks.

"Look, I hear you guys, all right? But-- but at the end of the day, she's family." Sam says and Larissa rolls her eyes. "We owe it to her to at least--"

"We don't owe her shit." Natalie states.

"All right, you know what? Screw it. I need a drink." Dean grabs his jacket.

"You--" Sam heavily sighs.

"No, I need drinks. Plural." Dena corrects. "And this whole peacemaker shtick that you've been running, first with Cas, now with mom, it's getting old, man."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're always playing the middle, Sam. For once, why don't you pick a side?" Dean leaves.

"You wanna go see a movie?" Daphne asks her brother.

"Yes." Billy nods.

"Take us with you." Nathan grabs Ophelia's hand and drags her out after the siblings.

"I get you like giving people the benefit of the doubt and you're the sympathetic brother and everything, but what mom is doing isn't right. I don't care what she thinks." Natalie says, walking out and Jacob follows her.

"Can you believe Dean?" Sam scoffs.

"I'm scaring myself saying this, but, yeah... kind of." Larissa says.

"What?" Sam asks.

"Look, the whole peacemaker thing, I-- I know that you don't wanna choose a side or be in a fight or anything. I get that. But there are times where you need to. I mean, why would you wanna fix this? They tortured us. They took our baby away. Your mom put us on one of their hunts where two of our daughters almost got killed. Plus, Daphne and Nathan. And now you wanna forgive your mom just like that? What, are you gonna forgive Toni, too?"