042. therapy

"Hey." Sam walks into the kitchen. "How you feelin'?" Dean glances up at him, but doesn't say anything.

"I shared my bed with two eight year olds and my husband last night, so... take a guess." Natalie says.

"Try a wife, two sixteen year olds, and a four year old." Sam scoffs.

"You win." Natalie mumbles.

"Mm-hmm." Sam nods. "What, you, uh, working on?" He asks his brother.

"Dead guy in Madison. Police say it was a home invasion, but neighbor claims that she saw the vic's dead wife leave the crime scene." Dean explains.

"Let's check it out." Sam says.

"What, you ready to ditch Damien? What do you wanna do? Leave him in a ring of holy oil with some Netflix and a frozen pizza?" Dean asks.

"Ha. No. Actually... I thought we'd, uh, bring him along." Sam says making Dean scoff.

"Uh, hell, no." He argues. "What, Adventures in Babysitting the Antichrist? No, thank you."

"Dean, we can't hide him forever. And, you know, just keeping him cooped up here isn't working."

"Yeah, it is, actually. You wanna know why? Because as long as he's here, he's not out there doing God knows what. So what, does this mean that your plan for bringing Libby, mom, and Billy back isn't working?"

"Dean..." Natalie quietly says, glaring at him.

"Cause I'll say it again -- Libby, Billy, and mom are dead, Sam." The younger brother clenches his jaw. "Lucifer ripped out their fucking hearts. Now, the sooner you can wrap your head around that, the sooner we can all move on."

Sam glares at Dean and Natalie chucks a piece of bacon at him, giving him an incredulous look.

"What the fuck is your problem, Dean?" Sam asks.

"Hey, you've gotta accept it." Dean says.

"You don't have to keep being such a dick about it!" Sam snaps.

"They're dead, Sam. She's dead. We both know Lucifer wouldn't let any of them live." Dean says.

"So, you're saying you want to move on? From Billy? An-and from mom? From--" Sam's voice catches in his throat. "From Libby?" He asks.

"Right now, I wanna kill some dead guy's dead wife." Dean says. Sam clears his throat, Natalie noticing him try to keep his tears in.

"Dean, that isn't what this is about. Jack needs to get out. He needs to get some air. We all do. He's a good kid. He is, just... give him a chance, please. For me."

"Yeah, and stop being a total heartless dick while you're at it." Natalie says. "Now, I know that's gonna take a lot of hard work for you, but maybe take some acting classes. If Sam can act compassionate soulless, you should be able to work something out."

+++

They're in the Impala and Dean pulls up to the crime scene. Jacob parks behind him and he and Natalie get out, telling the twins to stay in the car.

"Agent Bonham, Agent Seger, Special Agent Anderson -- these are you?" Jack asks, looking through the fake IDs that they have.

"Yeah, sometimes." Sam says.

"I thought lying was wrong." Jack says.

"All right, here we go." Dean says, ignoring Jack's comment. "Victim, Wes Bailey. His wife, Erica, died six months ago. Hear thing, out of the blue. Uh, question is, why'd she come back from the dead and knife his ass?"