063. shared trauma

tw: talk of rape

Dean's been gone for about a week, everybody handling it differently. Billy is in the kitchen and eating cereal.

"Hey." Daphne skips into the room, Ophelia, Nathan, Evie, Delaney, and Libby following but in a calmer fashion.

"Hey." Billy mutters. "What's got you so bouncy?" He asks his sister.

"There's a time where she doesn't bounce?" Nathan chuckles. Daphne sticks her tongue out at him.

Daphne grins and holds out a cupcake with a candle on it.

"Happy birthday." She says. Billy smiles a little.

"Thank you. Not sure happy is the correct word." Billy lets out a small chuckle.

"Well... you know, it's your birthday. You're now 25... you're getting pretty up there in age." Daphne teases.

"He's an old man." Libby winces.

"Shut up." Billy says making the two laugh.

"Make a wish." Daphne says. Billy stares at the few candles for a few seconds before blowing the candle out. "What'd you wish for?"

"You know I can't tell you." Billy says.

"Oh, come on." Daphne whines.

"No. It won't come true. Nice try, though." Billy says. "You asking has never worked and will never work."

"You suck." Daphne pouts.

"I just live to annoy you." Billy grins and pinches her cheek, Daphne swatting at his hand.

+++

It's been two weeks since Dean has been gone. Libby went shopping for snacks and ended up buying hair dye. She put pink streaks in her hair, not sure if it was out of boredom or her emotions all over the place.

Between all of the extra people and Nick, Lucifer's vessel, living in the bunker, she hasn't exactly been the most relaxed in her own home. Especially with Nick, even though she hasn't even seen him once. If she isn't sleeping in one of her family members' rooms, she's not sleeping. Her eating habits are still getting better, the girl thankful that she has one less thing to worry about or burden her family with.

Her mind constantly reels with memories, her time kidnapped at the forefront of her brain, the girl never realizing how much she was ignoring it until now. She wishes she could bury it all again, but it refuses to leave her alone, constantly nagging at her every second of every day. The girl knows she's going to snap, but she doesn't know if she'd be able to talk about it. She knows none of her family would judge her, but she also knows talking about it will break their hearts and she doesn't want to see the horror and pain in their eyes.

Libby is walking out of the kitchen, carrying a bunch of snacks and drinks for movie night.

"Hey." She turns back at the voice, looking at her dad.

"Hey." She says.

"Movie night again?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. yeah, well, uh... least traumatic things in our lives, so..." Libby weakly smiles.

"Right." Sam nods. His eyebrows furrow as he studies her. "Did-- did you get highlights?"

"Yeah." Libby says.

"Wha-- why?" Sam asks.

"You can grow a beard, I can dye my hair." Libby remarks.

"No, yeah, I-I didn't--" Sam sighs when Libby leaves.