Maybe it won't be so bad? (VII)

The next day a maid came in with clothes for change. She was small and nice looking. I think she may be about my own age. As I was putting on my new clothes she spoke.

-Hello, my name is Suzie and since you live here, I'll be your personal maid.

-A maid? Isn't it supposed to be my jail? Something that I hate? For now It's better than my previous life.

-If I were you, miss, I wouldn't say such words. Master Ben is really happy to train you.

-But isn't that good?

-No, miss. In this case it's really bad. Everyone hates you here, because, you've hurt master Angel. So he's planning to train you as long as he can. And I've heard that he wants to train you so hard, that you'll be almost dead after every session

-Is it that bad? Who is this Angel anyways, that hurting him makes everyone hate me?

-If you want to know a bit about him, miss, then I'll just say that he never wanted his nickname, but everyone called him this way because of how nice he is.

-What about you? Do you also hate me?

-I don't know yet. I'm here to serve you, miss.

-But don't you hate me, cause I've hurted him?

-Well, you're not supposed to know this, miss, but he was the one that carried you here and told me to be your maid. Normally, you would live with other recruits at the training camp, but he told me to get you here.

-I-I thought that he hated me...

-Master Angel?! Never! He's kind to everyone! Even if he sees that enemy's hurt, it's hard for him not to help.

-But Ben told me that he hates me and that he wants to hear my cries...

-What a terrible liar! Master Angel would never say such things! – she started to get angry – Oh! Excuse me, miss. Hearing such things I forgot to talk properly. Please forgive me, my miss.

-Hey, don't worry about that. And don't call me per „miss", my name'll be enough.

I smiled at her. She was bowing to me as if she did something really bad.

It's mafia after all. She would probably die if she did that in front of someone else...

-Oh, okay – she smiled - So you can also call me by my name. But if we're in front of others, we should act more formally.

-And why is that?

-Simply rules.

I looked at the mirror. I had same clothes as Ben had yesterday. It didn't look too good, but it was comfortable. I did a high ponytail with a small help from Suzie. She told me how my days here are gonna look like and then she told me about some rules.

-First. You live in a bulding, where our master lives, so be sure not to wander around the mansion without need. Two. Be sure not to go upstairs, especially the third floor. It's forbidden even for me. Only people close to master are allowed to go there. Three. If, by any chance, you'll meet with master, then bow down your head and don't even try to make eye contact with him. He doesn't like people who don't know their place. And since you're new here, it'll be good if you'll show respect to everyone here. Four. You can't go to garden past midnight. Five. Do not ever, ever talk bad things about people here. Walls have ears. You're nowhere safe.

She also told me that today, Ben'll decide what I'm gonna be for.

I ate breakfast which she gave me and went afer her to the training camp. When I walked out of my room, I was amazed of how big this mansion actually is. It looked like a palace. There was a lot of gold and red.

We walked about twenty minutes to the camp. There were ten tents. Suzie told me that half of it was fro training and other half was for recruits to live in. We went to the last one, that I didn't notice at the beggining, because it was smaller than others. It was kinda dark, but as my eyes got used to darkness I saw a big circle no the ground. On sides I saw a lot of weapons, from kitchen knifes to rifles. I made a step, to get a closer look, but I stopped when I heard someone.

-You're late.

I saw Ben coming closer.

-I-I'm sorry, sir, but master Angel wanted to give miss some rest after yesterday, so he said to wait a bit longer before waking miss up – said Suzie bowing to him

-Oh, come on! She stabbed him! He's in a pretty bad shape right now, because of her! How could he be so nice?!

Ben was starting to get angry, but when he saw that Suzie flinched, he stopped.

-Sorry, Suz. Thank you for your help, you can go now.

He spoke calmly with a kind smile. Looking at him, how he spoke to Suzie, I thought that he may not be that bad. But the again, even SHE told me to be careful.

[Hello

As I promised, early chapter. Have fun :)]