V2. Chapter 17 - It's a Business talk

Sora's POV:

Once I was out of everyone's sight, I crouched a bit to give a boost to my legs for some jump power. I jumped onto the trunk of the tree and used the momentum to jump onto a sturdy branch. I jumped from branch to branch not exactly like a Tarzan but rather like an athlete. My lightweight comes in handy around stuff like this so I really need not worry about any weak branches because, with my speed, they could handle my weight even if they were a bit weak. 

I explored the vegetation to spot a small clearing around a stream of water which also had a spot occupation. I marked my recorded distance to the place from my starting point in my notepad. Then I proceeded to move along the mountain path already having no hopes of occupying the cave spot since Class A would be there soon with their leader cause Tsuragi San recorded it in his notebook as well. I picked up my pace done analyzing the area and proceeded to the actual important spot. The tower. 

From my position under the trees, I could make out the rough shape of a tower in grey. I squinted my eyes to look at it so I could confirm. I ran towards it again through branches and finally arrived at its base. The tower looked high enough to observe the whole island. I looked around to find no one there. I was still not being followed. This was more likely my trick to lose any tails if they were planning to follow me from the start. Assumingly, they'd be waiting for me at the beginning part but I'd already be inside the island scouting the area. 

I walked into the entrance of the tower. It was a bit hollow on the inside though I didn't know what to expect from it to begin with. I climbed up the ladder, arriving at the top. At least the top was accessible. I looked around the place to find it clearly made for surveillance. A few chairs, a table, and a perfect view of the island. There was an open plain in one area, the mountain, the forest I scouted around, and lastly to the south, our meeting place. A small beach that won't be suitable for a class to camp. 

I spotted the same white sports cruiser a bit far from the straight line to our meeting place. That must be Lrot San's and VX San's. A chill ran down my span when I noticed another ship in the direction of the straight line of the mountain's path. They were clearly trying to ambush with the help of the mountain cover if it wasn't for this tower. "So, he's already on a move huh? It explains why they could camp around if he had some kind of connection to ANHS." I looked back to VX San's cruiser. They were having it easy from the radars mostly because of these guys.

I sighed at this trap that was clearly set up for me. I had to stay in the shadows as much as possible so I could avoid direct ambushes and deal with them in silence. I climbed down the ladder and just then I heard some footsteps. I walked out to see a student who I assumed to be Class A from his superior look at me. "Which class are you from? Just so you know, we know about this place first. Before you." I chose to ignore him and started walking towards the forest again to return.

"Hey! What's the big idea?! Huh? Are you the leader?" He asked me while almost stopping me by my shoulder so I had to move away from him. Just then we heard another rustling from the bushes. "Yahiko, what's with all the fuss?" I turned around to see Tsuragi San glaring down at Yahiko San, whom he just mentioned. "Katsuragi, I was just asking if the spot was already occupied since you saw it on the ship." He gave me a sinister smirk. 

I paid him no mind and just nodded at Tsuragi San as a greeting. "Takahashi Kun? So you saw this place from the ship as well? How perceptive of you." He said while nodding back as a greeting. But why were they making their own assumptions when I didn't even utter a single word... Pure defense had its own flaws after all. 

"Please. Ask your classmate to not shout at me, Tsuragi San. And for the record, we haven't picked our leader yet. So, the spot is all yours if you want it." He eyed me suspiciously. "Is this some kind of trap?" I shook my head at him. "No. I was just scouting around the area and thought of visiting the tower since I spotted it back on the cruise." Yahiko San smirked at my sentence. "Oh! Let me-" Tsuragi San cut off his potential leak for me but I already got what I wanted. "Yahiko, we'll get our leader to come here later. I can tell that he's not lying."