V1. Chapter 4 - Let them Realize it

Sora's POV:

Almost half a month passed by and it was the weekend tomorrow. The students in our class were trying their best to behave or so I thought. I kept myself busy these days. I was gathering information by observing the other classes while keeping an eye out for my stalker. And by observing other classes, I was on a hunt to find any clues from the seniors. Though It was a bit hard to hide my presence properly from them, I managed to find some good points. 

About my mysterious stalker, they observed me once in a while not being able to keep track of me most of the time. As the classes were over and it was the evening during club activities, the library would most likely be empty with only a few students visiting because of their interests. And I figured that they wouldn't follow me inside the library since it would be quite obvious to spot them. That brought me peace. 

So, as usual, I made my way straight to the library and placed my bag on an isolated table close to the bookshelves that had mystery novels. I read a few of them cause I have been spending quite as long as three hours in the library. I got bored and even looked through the math materials of the second year. I know it's weird but I like scrolling through next year's syllabus, trying to find anything that may catch my interest.  

I passed through rows of bookshelves and stopped at the third-year materials row. I obviously picked up the math first. Even though I was a fan of physics, math books were always a great start to grab the level of that class. As I reached out to the top shelf with my tip toes and fished out the first volume, I heard some footsteps coming towards me. 

I quickly hid the book behind me and turned around to notice Horikita Senpai passing through. He noticed me too and walked towards me with a hint of curiosity in his eyes. "Takahashi Kun, do you perhaps don't know where the first years' materials are?" He asked me as he scanned the shelves. I shook my head with my usual calm expression. "Don't worry, Horikita Senpai. I was just browsing through the third year's materials." I reassured him as he went on his own way to look for his books. 

___

As I struggled to understand how this problem worked, I spotted Horikita Senpai with a rather complicated expression. He seemed to be displeased about something. I noticed that he had the other volumes of the math materials except the first one. It seems there weren't enough copies. It was almost time for me to leave too so I decided I could ask for some assistance. This problem in particular from differentiation topic kept bugging me. If I could solve this, the other set of problems that followed would be quite easy. 

I stood up and walked towards the displeased Senpai. "Um... Horikita Senpai, you're looking for this, right?" I asked him as I showed him the book. His eyes widened slightly in surprise as he nodded. "This volume was missing from the shelf and unfortunately... that was the only copy left." He explained as I took the seat next to him silently, making him a bit wary of me. 

"I'm sorry for the trouble, Horikita Senpai. But, if you could assist me with this practice problem, I'd be done with my exploration and can return you the book." I explained making him sigh. "If that could make things easier, I wouldn't mind assisting you. So, what's the issue?" He agreed and adjusted his chair so that he could look at the problem. 

"I see... It's quite simple. You might have felt conflicted because of not knowing a non-homogenous equation. So, you start by changing the Differential equation to a non-homogenous equation and applying integration after you simplify it." He explained calmly while writing the answer step by step in my notes. Surprisingly, he was really good at explaining. "Ah. I see it now. Thank you for your time, Horikita Senpai." I stood up from my seat while taking my notes, and handed him the volume. "Of course."