V1. Chapter 6 - That'd be Enough from You

Sora's POV: 

"Oi, Takahashi Kun!" Yamauchi San suddenly called me despite me never having an actual conversation with him. "You're smart, right? So, you'll definitely have points. I'll sell you my console for the grand discounted price of 18,000. Will you buy it please?" He asked me though I wasn't really aware of a console's original price, this one sounded expensive. "No, thanks Yamauchi San. I don't play games on consoles." I rejected his sales but he didn't give up. 

"Please, Takahashi Kun! I don't have enough points." He practically begged me making me more uncomfortable. "Then, how about 3000? I don't even know how to play with it..." I trailed off not knowing a thing about this console he had in his hand. "No way! I'm not going below 18,000!" He screamed at me making me want to shut my ears as his voice was too loud for me. After done with throwing his fit, he went towards Kouji San and increased the price to 20,000. He's unbelievable...Why is he this desperate? Did he use up these new points as well? Or is the money getting to him?  "I'll buy it if you lower the price to 1000 points." Kouji San tried to bargain. The situation didn't look like one though. So... the console's only 1000 points?

___

There was currently an insight inside the classroom. The girls were blaming the boys for acting like fools excluding Hirata San, me, Yukimura San, and Kouji San. Kouenji San had already left the classroom. And I had enough of all this excess noise today. My ears were too sensitive and I wanted to leave but the way to the outside of the class was mostly blocked by students who were arguing. I forgot to bring my headphones today which made the situation far more worse. I whimpered silently to myself as I tried to shut down the sound by closing my ears. Hirata San excused himself from the girls he was trying to calm down and came toward me.

"Are you alright, Takahashi Kun? You don't seem to be doing well." He asked leaning a bit towards the desk with concern. I shook my head lightly at him. He gave me a worried smile. "Don't worry. I'll settle them down soon." He said with reassurance and walked towards the front of the class. "Everyone, please settle down. I don't think it's wise to panic and run around. We must stay calm and think about how we can increase our CP in the next month." Hirata San grabbed everyone's attention as the class's noise went down to whispers.

"Let's start from the same point again. We must maintain our behavior and be regular in attendance to the class. We have done it before and maybe that was the reason our CP didn't drop down to zero. And let's focus on dealing with the current situation at hand." Some students shuddered at the thought of zero CP but everyone agreed to Hirata San's opinion. "What do you mean by the current situation, Hirata?" Miyake San, who I didn't know much about aside from that he was in the archery club, asked him.

Hirata San held a grim expression as he got worried about the exams. "The upcoming Midterms. We must perform well in this exam. Or there might be chances of students dropping off because of not meeting the threshold." He explained and the students who got the lowest scores started panicking. "What should we do then, Hirata?! I'm absolutely screwed in this exam!" Ike San shouted yet again and Yamauchi San joined in. "Yeah! Same here."

"Please calm down. I think we should start study groups. Everyone who scored well on the test can help by tutoring a few students if they would like to take responsibility. I think this will be the best way to study for Midterms." Many of them agreed to the idea and nodded in agreement. I, on the other hand, was okay with the idea too but wanted to escape since I'm one of those he just mentioned.

As if my deduction was correct again, Hirata San turned towards me. "Takahashi Kun, Would you mind leading a study group? You seem to have the perfect score on the surprise test." He asked me out of the blue and many of the students glanced at me again. I gave a nervous expression and that was when he realized what was wrong. "Oh. My bad, please don't worry. You can help only a few students as you deem comfortable. Only if you're willing to." Hirata San requested me again leaving me no choice. I just nodded at him in silence and some of the girls sighed in relief.