V2. Chapter 20 - I did Warn You

Sora's POV:

Once we reached the base camp, Kouji San let go of the edge of my sleeve and I sighed finally feeling relieved of being able to get away from him. I wasn't in the condition to control myself properly enough around him. After all, there was always this chance of him collaborating with Tou San's plans just by adapting to the situation like I do. I quickly went towards the stream to wash sweat off my face.

I bent down near the water and looked at the flowing crystal clear water. I took off my cap and placed it beside me before splashing some water onto my face. I felt a relaxed sensation when the cold seeped through my face calming me down including my nerves. I could finally collect my thoughts and analyze the situation calmly. 

I collected my cap back while standing up and just let the water drops stay on my face for a while so they could cool me off a bit more. I wouldn't want to be covered up in water but I had to adjust since the situation called for it. I looked around the camp once again, obviously noticing Kouji San's stares at me. I sent him my stare too making him avert his eyes to somewhere else. Haah. It's surprising that he's actually looking away when I asked him to. 

I spotted Hirata San looking over the berries and fruits that were collected for the day. Soon after the students who went to collect wood and fish returned as well. Though living out in woods like this felt uncomfortable for most of them, they were actually having fun just with these human interactions. I myself was in situations worse than this but I wouldn't deem it like I had ever lived out in the woods before. There were times when I spent almost a whole night on rooftops or alleys, passed out either from exhaustion or any injuries. 

However, that felt easier since I had backup or at least would be safe for that particular period of time basically because I would have eliminated the danger by then. This situation was different as I hadn't made a proper move yet and it wasn't possible to do it any time soon too. Breaking me from my train of thought, I looked to my right to see Kouji San walking toward me. "You look tired, Takahashi. Is everything alright?" 

It seemed I wasn't on guard around him properly enough. He noticed it quite early... I shook my head at him meaning that he shouldn't care and made it over to the other side to talk with Hirata San. As soon as I neared him, Hirata San looked at me. His shoulders tensed up at first and then relaxed. "You don't make a sound while walking. Do you, Takahashi Kun?" I shook my head at him as an answer to his statement being true. 

"So, how did the scouting with other classes go?" He asked me slowly stepping into the topic. I titled my head at him confused that he was expecting something out of me when I didn't inform him anything about it. "You seem to be expecting some plans out of me, Hirata San. But I couldn't come up with one yet." He sweatdropped at me while scratching his cheek. "That's not what I mean, Takahashi Kun. I was only asking if you observed anything that can be shared or important." 

"Is that so... Well, Class B wanted to continue their peace treat with Class D. So, we made a verbal agreement by handshakes if that's what called fixing a deal. And Ryuuen San from Class C however decided to let this exam go freely. Also, Class B had a refuge from Class C too with the same reason." He frowned at my information as I let him process his thoughts. "What do you mean by... going freely?" I frowned too trying to decipher the words in a way he would understand. 

"It's like they chose to use the theme of this exam, 'freedom' to their liking. Thus, they decided to use up their points and enjoy their time here." Hirata San placed a finger on his chin indicating that he was thinking and seemingly done with his process, he nodded back at me. "I think that's the reason Ibuki San was driven out of their camp. Then wouldn't it be difficult for them to survive after they run out of points?"