V2. Chapter 16 - I'll be Back

Kiyotaka's POV:

The everlasting summer sea. The boundless blue sky and perfectly clear air. The rustling of the sea breeze that gently passes through your hair. Here aboard a luxury cruise liner, Speranza in the vast expansion of the Pacific Ocean. Yes, this really was a paradise. I stopped the poetic monologue that I was trying to copy from a certain someone who was doing the same in his mind. I assume he's trying to write a Haiku again.

Since the midterms were over, the school was going into a summer break and had decided to give its first years a rather luxurious trip abroad this Speranza, the school's personal luxury cruise liner. Chabashira sensei came into homeroom and announced that all classes in the first year would be taken on a school-sponsored trip which meant that none of the students needed to spend their expenses. Although the class had mostly surprised yet excited faces, the cat however had his ever calm face. He didn't even bother to react which meant he already expected something like this though that skill of his didn't surprise me at all.

I had figured that he gathered information from the seniors while going to those Karaoke rooms. And once I found out, it all made sense to me. I brushed off my thoughts and focused on the current situation. I was on the deck, standing and looking at the ocean view while the sea breeze hit my face. There were Sudou and Yamauchi to my left including Kushida, Karuizawa, and Ike at the end. However, to my right, the cat was literally sitting on the railing while balancing himself pretty well in complete seclusion. He has such strange habits.

I remembered him glancing around because his height didn't reach above the glass and so he decided to use the railing to enjoy the view instead

I remembered him glancing around because his height didn't reach above the glass and so he decided to use the railing to enjoy the view instead. Even though he was enjoying the view, he didn't seem like the type to appreciate the sun. He had a white cap on his head which almost blended in with his hair if it wasn't for his red streak. He seemed to prefer casual clothes more as well since he was wearing a white summer sweatshirt with light blue stripes and knee-length tan brown shorts. And he was wearing cotton high socks to cover his legs along with tennis shoes with light blue highlights. 

I now understood how he concealed his presence so properly

I now understood how he concealed his presence so properly. Even his dress code colors blend with him and the scene mostly because he only wore light colors. Also recently, I noticed that he liked cats because I went to his room that day. There was a cat plushie that looked quite similar to Takahashi himself. Even now, his sleeve had a small cat face printed on it. No matter how mature he stayed on the outside he was still a kid from the inside.