V1. Chapter 12 - If Things go Wrong

Sora's POV:

There were some changes in the plan after me and Kouji San discussed it again. Though I was reluctant at first, the points he made were true and that'd make things work more smoothly. He tagged along with me back to our dorms even after I ignored him while leaving. And that was when he used the plan discussion as an excuse to walk with me. 

I looked over at Hirata San's seat to find it empty. He was currently having a conversation with Karuizawa San. It seems like I was the last one in class to find out that they were dating. And I had no interest in stuff like that. I was caught off-guard when Horikita San mentioned who the other witness was. Looks like she observed her actions during Hirata San's request. Ah... So, her name is Sakura Airi. 

Kouji San having no choice agreed to her words and decided to ask Sakura San to help with the class. I won't step in since it was her choice to make the decision. But to my surprise, Kouji San went over to Kushida San to ask for a favor. Maybe, Kushida San can help out more properly as she talks with almost everyone in class. 

___

That was a big failure. Kushida San scared away Sakura San and in addition, her camera was broken accidentally by Kushida San. They'd need to go and get the camera repaired after school, and finish it before the trial for the proper evidence. Matsushita San stared at me for a second grabbing my attention. I looked at her as our eyes met and she had no other choice but to talk. "Um, Takahashi Kun. I think I have something to share that might be useful." She said sliding her phone to my desk and there was a picture of a girl with pink hair which looked close to a model's pictures. Not like I'm familiar with these kinds of photos...

I glanced at Matsu San with a nervous look as she quickly caught on to what was wrong. "Ah. I didn't mean to make you nervous. You're such a gentleman, Takahashi Kun." She said while taking away her phone. "Please. It's not like that. And... what's with the photos?" I asked her as she nodded and leaned a bit closer to me to whisper. "It's Sakura Airi. She was a junior high idol going by the name Shizuku. She might be in danger if she were to go alone to any camera shops especially." 

I tilted my head at her. "Hmmm... Yeah. Maybe, she'll get scared. Getting attention can be really scary." Matsu San nodded at me with a serious face. "Since she's an idol, she may get blackmailed about sharing her information. Takahashi Kun, how about I go and keep an eye on her while she goes there? You don't seem to trust either Ayanokouji Kun or Kushida San." She offered her help which was quite generous but I couldn't pinpoint her intentions. And I wouldn't want to trouble myself by following a girl who was already shy.

"But... why Matsu San?" I asked her as she gave me a gentle smile. "Please think of it as an apology for following you like that. Besides, I wanna help the class in some way too." She explained which looked genuine enough. I nodded at her. "Thank you, Matsu San." She chuckled suddenly making me confused. Was it the name?...

"The one thing you don't seem to hesitate about is shortening people's names, Takahashi Kun." She said between her chuckles. "Um... I'm sorry about that, Matsushita San. I have a habit of shortening long names automatically." She waved her hand at me dismissing my apology. "It's fine, don't worry. I don't mind at all." She explained with her smile as I nodded after calming down. 

Matsu San started following me more like stalking me since the time I gave her the hard test that fit her actual academics. I soon understood that she was concerned herself about how I knew it. So, I asked her about this in the library by showing the pictures as proof. She apologized along with requesting me to keep it a secret to which I agreed since there was no harm done to either of us.

______

I went to the special annex and waited for Ichinose San and Kanzaki San. I heard footsteps and turned back to find another student along with those two. It was Hashimoto Masayoshi San. "Hashimoto San?" I asked him as he stepped towards me. "Takahashi Kun, the princess sends her regards."He said with a fearless smile as I frowned at him. "And why is that?" He fished out his phone and called a person who I assume to be Yanagi San.