V1. Chapter 13 - Not the Regards Part

Kiyotaka's POV: 

As we stepped out of the room, a guy with blonde hair tied into a ponytail walked towards us. "Hey, Takahashi Kun? How did it go?" He asked the cat with a smile as the latter just nodded at him. The taller guy frowned at him finally sensing his down mood. "Are you alright? You don't seem to be doing well." Takahashi just shook his head. "I'll be fine. Please, I need your favor." He asked as the other guy nodded at him. 

"Could you follow those three Class C students back and see if they would meet Ryuuen San first or go somewhere else?" The cat asked him finally looking up at the guy. The latter nodded his head with a grinning smirk. "Of course. That sounds more interesting." Takahashi nodded at him before thanking him and walking away. I glanced at the guy as he did the same before I followed the kid. "Takahashi, don't go alone. It's summer. I'll get your emergency snack." I explained as he stopped and glanced back at me. 

He hesitated for a bit and then nodded at me. He seems to be scared to stay around me. Was that panic attack symptom from before, because of trauma? We both walked together to the convenience store and he waited outside as I walked inside. It sure got a bit of a crowd sensing that summer had already started and it was the evening after the classes. I got him his ice popsicle and also a water bottle to calm him down while I got myself another flavored soda.

"Thank you" He thanked me taking the bottle and gulped down half of the bottle. Looks like he got thirsty. He sighed and seemed like he was calming down. He opened the wrapper and started eating the popsicle while closing his eyes. I took the bottle from him as he nodded at me. We both started to walk towards the main school building again. I understood that he wanted to go to the rooftop. 

I stared at the cat who was sitting beside me on the other side of the bench fighting a losing battle with his sleep. What I couldn't figure out was why he was resisting his sleep. Taking some rest would help him come back to his senses and feel normal again. "Takahashi? If you want to sleep, then you should." I tried to give him some advice. He looked at me with tired eyes and nodded but didn't sleep at all. I stood up and walked away towards the stairs. I pulled out my phone and called Hirata to come over to the rooftop to watch over him. 

So, he actually figured. That's why he was trying to take my pictures when I was stalking him, with a direct approach since he wanted to show me some proof before asking directly. So, to the question, would I tell him the truth? Not possible. I haven't confirmed his identity clearly yet. He really is a mystery person and would say hard to read because of the little conversations we had. 

I waited by the stairs until Hirata hurriedly came over to the rooftop from the stairs. "Is he alright?" He asked me as I glanced back at the white-haired cat who was sleeping soundly while his headphones were still on with music blasting through them. Hirata nodded at me and walked past me towards him. "Thank you, Ayanokouji Kun." He thanked me while taking a seat next to him on the other side of the bench. I nodded at him before leaving back to the conference room since I had to check on the results. 

I had Hirata's contact info since the time we both treated Takahashi to a snack, as a token of thanks for helping the class. As I reached the conference room hall, Horikita, the sister, stepped out of the room. "How did it go?" I asked her as she crossed her hands. "Well, Takahashi Kun's points helped us to some extent to pin down the blame on Class C's false accusations. However, if we fail to prove their lies, then Sudou Kun's expulsion is on the line now." She looked away in frustration. 

"They wanted us to accept the compromise and if we had done that, Sudou would most likely end up getting a suspension of 2 weeks and Class C would have gotten a one-week suspension. Which was quite unfair of them if seen from our perspective." She explained displeased with Sakagami Sensei's words. "Can we win though?" I asked her as she turned around wanting to leave. "I don't intend to lose. Besides, this was all a part of the plan anyway." She walked away after saying those words.