Chapter- 38 Unexpected Events!

Tossing and turning on the bed, Samiskha finally sat up. It was 3 in the night, and she wasn't able to sleep. Her gaze was fixed in space, looking at nothing. She went to see her Bhaiya, but he hadn't come back yet. What surprised her was that he didn't even inform her that he would be coming late, like he always does. With her bhabhi having a headache, Samiskha gave her the painkillers before returning back to her room. She didn't wish to disturb anyone when she was feeling so disturbed with herself.

She leaned back on the bedpost and opened the glass roof, getting a clear view of the night sky. As the moon's silent beauty gracefully glided across the canvas of the night sky, illuminating the vast expanse above, the stars twirled delicately around its majestic presence. Samiskha sat there gazing at them, found herself lost in contemplation.

The words that the man spoke to her were still echoing in her ears and lingering in her mind. She wasn't able to decide which way she should choose; it was a clear two-way path between Truth and Trust. Every single relationship starts with Truth, then Trust, and lastly Love! She was stuck in a snarl where her mind was creating havoc. Her head was aching due to the continuous thinking...she immediately grabbed the medical box from the side table and gulped down the medicines her bhaiya had asked her to take if she ever had a headache.

She looked at the medicines she had been taking for the last four years or so. Every month, her Bhaiya took her to the hospital in the name of a health check-up. She never understood the need for it, nor did she understand why she had to take injections and daily medicines. Was she sick or something?

"Par kya tumhe pata hai peechle chaar saal se tumhare pyare Bhaiya tumse kuch chhupa rahe hain? He is hiding something big from you isliye toh tumhe aaj tak usne kabhi akela nahi chhoda... Every time you had a guard with you, you had security around you. Do you know why? The reason is you are sick...you are sick and you are suffering from a...."

Vidya's words automatically echoed in her ears and she sat up straight.

Even though she wanted to search for the names of the medicines on the internet, she wasn't able to do so, as her medicines were systematically arranged in the medicine box without the strips or names of the medicine. She looked at the box in her hands and threw the box away angrily.

"Mein Pagal hoon"? She muttered to herself, "I am sick, it means I am mad or something? Issliye itne saalo se Bhaiya ne mujhe khud se durr rakha, he didn't want a sister like me. Maine definitely kuch toh bahut bada kiya hoga, that's why he hates...

"Tumhara Bhai tumse nafrat karta hai, vo tumhe ek aise cheez ka zimmedar maanta hai jo tumne ki he nahi... isliye toh itne saal vo tumse durr raha, tum par nazar rakhi kyuki vo tum par bharosa he nahi karta. Isliye keh raha hu...jao aur dekh lo uss file mai kya hai."

Just in cue the man's words rang in her ears all over again. She pulled her hair in frustration. Her mind wasn't in a state to understand her doings or think rationally at the moment. Only thing she understood was those words!

She got off the bed and made her way towards Surya's study. She needs to find out the Truth...the only thing that can stop her from overthinking!

As she opened the door of the study and stepped inside, she approached the bookshelf, her fingers lingering on the books. She located the hidden lever that would trigger a mechanism to shift the stack of books aside, revealing a secret compartment behind them.

As she placed her hand on the lever to push it down, she stopped at the last moment and pulled back as if thunder had struck her.

"The best proof of trust is love! If you love someone and have faith in that person that they won't do anything wrong to you, then the truth doesn't matter!"