Chapter- 25 Trying to tame the lion!

Luckily, my friend got discharged from the hospital and is fine now. Thanks for all the best wishes. Compensating with the lengthy chapter, hope you will like it.

Enjoy reading!

Samiskha stepped into the ICU, and her eyes welled as she forced herself to take steps towards Suryaveer who was lying on the bed unconscious. With her trembling hands, she held his hand and sat on the stool, trying her best to keep her tears at bay and emotions in check. However, the tears fell down, and she sobbed, "Bhaiya!" She choked on her words, her heart was palpitating, and a knot tightened in her chest, making her grip tighter on Veer.

"Bhaiya...utho na," she gently shook his hand. "Dekho, aap uth jao nahi toh mein... mein aapse baat nahi karungi. I know I have seen you like this many times, but that doesn't mean I am used to it and it won't hurt me. Aap jaante ho na, I can't see you in this condition, toh kyu pareshan kar rahe ho mujhe. Get up na, please," she again shook his hand.

"Bhaiya...aap meri har baat mante ho na, toh yeh bhi maan lo na please. You know na how much you mean to me...." She sobbed, keeping her head on his hand, "You are not just a brother to me bhaiya...I know I never said this, maybe I was way too much lost in my stupid guilt trips or maybe I really don't know how to say these words to you. To me, you are like my father Bhaiya... Aapko yaad hai jab mein choti thi toh I used to say Papa ki jagah mere Dil Mai koi nahi le sakta...but for the past few years, my thoughts changed."

"Mere Dil Mein papa ki apni jagah hai aur aapke liye ek alag jagah aur izzat... and you know in a way I am lucky I had two fathers in my life. I won't be able to say all this in front of you to your face Bhaiya... I just can't and don't know how to. Meri Dil Mein jitna pyaar Papa ke liye tha, jitni izzat unke liye thi... shayad... shayad aapke liye vo pyaar aur izzat thodi zyada hai. Mumma kehti thi na humare Dil Mein har ek insaan ke liye alag jagah hoti hai and we shouldn't be guilty about that and for a fact I am not even guilty about it." She sobbed bitterly, "Utho na please... no father hurts their daughters like this. Please get up Bhaiya... jab jab aapko aise halat mein dekha hai, it reminds me that you are the only family, only father, a brother left in my life. Get up Bhaiya... mujhe... mujhe darr lag raha hai!" She pleaded yet Surya's body lay there unconscious.

Aditi, who was standing outside, immediately rushed in upon seeing her broken state. It was her first time seeing Samiksha like this, and the painful sight pinched her heart. She gently took Samiksha in her embrace, who hugged her back, burying her face in her midriff.

Aditi looked up at Suryaveer and held his hand, "Surya, get up... aapki behen ko... aapki bacchi ko aapki zarurat hai, Surya. Please get up."

As Samiksha's cries intensified, Suryaveer stirred in his sleep. The fog in his mind started to fade away, making space for Samiksha's painful sobs that reached his ears. He flinched in his sleep and forced himself to open his eyes. He blinked several times and adjusted to the sudden light that flashed in his eyes. He looked around, when his gaze fell upon Samiksha, who was now weeping holding his hand, his heart ached at the sight. Her tear-streaked face and trembling body spoke volumes about how scared she was. He gently tapped and squeezed her hand, as he was wearing an oxygen mask unable to speak.

Samiksha was so lost in her own daze that she didn't feel his touch. Aditi pulled back from the hug and looked up at Surya, "Surya!" She immediately pressed the emergency button while Samiksha looked up upon hearing Aditi. She immediately got up to hug him but stopped herself at the last minute seeing the machines, drips, and oxygen mask he was attached to!

Surya beckoned her to come forward, but she shook her head, making Surya remove his oxygen mask by force...

"Kya kar rahe ho aap bhaiya?" Samiksha chided and immediately laid him back as he tried to get up and fixed his oxygen mask, "You are not in a state to move," she said, holding his hand gently.