16. The Search Party

Anxiety was eating up the Alpha from within as each second that passed by only amplified the silence left by his mate's disappearance. A whole night had passed but Nakul didn't return. Dhiraj's housekeeper told him his Aunt was borderline coercing Nakul in part taking in the illegal activities they do.

Dhiraj could easily understand why his mate would've ran away. He was never a part of his gloomy world. Even though he got involved in drugs and fighting, Dhiraj knew Nakul would never do that on his own. His dire situation must have compelled him into getting involved with such a dangerous life.

He had enquired every person present in the house, even firing the guards that failed at their task. The security cams got checked but they only found a vague direction so as to where Nakul went. Nakul didn't even take his cell phone with him. So there was no way Dhiraj could trace his location either.

His anxiety grew with every passing second. With his nerves on edge, his anxiety and fear made his imagination run wild. What if he doesn't want to be me anymore?

He could practically hear Nakul saying, You threaten people. Do illegal things for a living. I don't want to be with someone like you. I don't to have and raise children of a man like you.

Dhiraj's brain started splitting into two the more he thought about it.

I MUST FIND HIM. Where can he be?

Did he go to any friend? Does he have any friends?

In a flash of a moment, he remembered someone. It was Nakul's doctor, Doctor Naina.

Yes! He's her patient. She must know more about him. About his friends. I must meet her.

And therefore, without wasting any time, the mutt hurried off to the hospital. Without any prior appointment he barged inside her cabin.

"Doctor...." He called her without giving a consideration to the surrounding.

The doctor was with a nurse, checking a chart of something. And the nurse was visibly shaken with the way the Alpha had stormed inside her cabin. He still didn't give qualms to any formalities. He was too desperate to find any information about his mate's whereabouts.

The doctor wasn't happy with his manners. She was unamused.

"Dhiraj. Is this a way to barge inside someone's cabin?" Her tone was stern.

That tone brought Dhiraj back to his senses. Naina dismissed the nurse and refocused her attention on Dhiraj. She wore those same unamused expressions. She waited for the Alpha to speak, which he did.

"Did Nakul come to you? Or-or do you know about any of his friends? Or maybe someone he can go to?"

"Why? What happened?"

"I....It's.....it's not that big of a deal...." Dhiraj suddenly felt uneasy because of her stern gaze. Neither did he want to get her involved in their matters on a closer level. Nor did he want her to know about his Bua's condescending behavior.

"If it's not that big of a deal why do you look so....desperate?" Her grim frown didn't go. Rather, she looked like she was.....disappointed. Why is she being like this with me? Last time we met she appeared quite friendly. Then why is suddenly so- Dhiraj suddenly realized something. Unless she already knows what has happened.

"You know where he is right?" Dhiraj already had a hunch of what the answer would be.

Deadpan, Naina inhaled dramatically as she folded her hands.

"Maybe......I don't know." She shrugged her shoulders, clearly indicating that she wasn't in a mood to talk. That response irked the Alpha.

Here I am being all concerned about Nakul and she wants to play games? Ignoring his anger, he asked her once again. "Where is he?"