Greg throws us up

Aru's POV

We stepped out of Greg the elephant's mouth into the entry hall of the museum. Brynne and I were supporting Aiden between us. I looked around the hall and called out. "Mom? Are you home?" My words echoed around the hall. But I couldn't hear her. She must be off on an errand or something. I tugged Aiden and Brynne towards the stairs to the apartment upstairs and headed towards my bedroom. When we got there Brynne sat Aiden down on my bed. She turned to me.

"I have to go and tell my uncles about the quest. I told them I would be back a while ago. They're probably worried about me. Besides, I have to pack for the trip so.." She headed out the door. I sent her a message via the mind link.

"You just want to leave me and Aiden alone don't you?"

It was a few seconds before she responded. "Maybe."

I groaned, turning towards Aiden, who was looking at me with a frown on his face. " Did I do something wrong? Is it because I am on your bed?" He blushed slightly, which surprised me. I can move, if you want." He started to try and get off of the bed. He stumbled and fell, cursing in hindu (Can Aiden actually speak Hindu? Is that in the books?).

I rushed over to him. "Woah, slow your roll there, Wifey." I pushed him back onto the bed. "You aren't going anywhere."

He looked at me. "You're sure you don't mind?" I shook my head.

"I'll just go and get some more blankets." I was about to leave the room when Aiden called out to me. "Aru, wait!" I turned around. "Do you need something?"

He sighed. "A few things actually. I need some new clothes. These ones stink. My mom isn't home, so could you get some from my room?" He looked so embarrassed that I burst out laughing. Aiden frowned "What did I do?"

"Your face, priceless." I wiped tears from my eyes. "I wish I caught that on camera."

Aiden rolled his eyes, smiling slightly. "Ha ha ha, whatever, Shah."

Once I had composed myself I turned to leave. "Is that all?"

"Could I also get some water and food? I am starving."

"What else do you want me to do, your majesty? Shall I peel your grapes and fan you while you eat, too?" I ran out of the room, laughing.

"SERIOUSLY, SHAH?" I heard Aiden yell from my room. I ran over to Aiden's house, and surprisingly the door was unlocked. I'll have to talk about that with him later. I entered the house and went up the stairs to his room. I grabbed a t-shirt, a pair of shorts, some socks, and a hoodie. I ran back across the street and back into the museum. I went into the kitchen ,grabbed some water and two sandwiches, and headed back to my room. I set the food onto the bedside table. I gave Aiden his clothes. I waited outside while Aiden changed. He called out to me and I came back into my room. We both ate in silence for a while, until Aiden spoke up.

"Thank you." I blinked and looked up at him. "For what?"

He waved his arms around him. "For everything, you helped me. And if it weren't for you, I probably would have died." Aiden looked down at his sandwich. "But I don't want to be a burden."

I put my hand on his shoulder. His head snapped up so fast that I thought he was going to get whiplash. "You could never be a burden."

He shook his head. "If I hadn't gotten stabbed, you wouldn't have to take care of me."

I took his shoulders and made him face me. "Don't blame yourself for things you can't control. It was fate, there was nothing you could do about it. I don't mind it, really." It was just then that I realized how close I was to Aiden. I jumped away from him, blushing. And for some reason, he was too. We didn't say anything for a few seconds.

"Still, thank you."

"You're welcome."

701 words