Ch. 13: Feel the Fear

Several days later, Luz arrived at school, very confused.

"Why is everything all decorated?"

Luz looked around to see various and demonic decorations around the hallways of the school. Some of them even had a strange word on them than seemed like "Grim" but had one letter off. She snapped her fingers and Boscha appeared next to her.

"What the-how did you do that!?" Boscha yelled.

"It's because I own your soul, I can summon you or Amelia at will."

"And you couldn't have mentioned this before? What if I was on the toilet?" Boscha asked, her hands in her hips.

"I won't use it ALL the time. Just for emergencies, like right now." Luz said before gesturing to everything around them. "Like what's going with these decorations?"

Boscha gave her a confused look, until she remembered that Luz hasn't been here for it.

"Oh, right, I forgot, you've never been here for Grom." Boscha said, "It's this dance that the grom royalty has to fight this fear demon."

"... Cool."

"Cool? That's all you have to say?" Boscha asked, actually surprised by this reaction.

"Are you surprised at this point?"

"Ah...actually no. Now that I think about it, you're sort of a shoe in to be chosen for Grom Royalty and kick Grom's ass at the dance." Boscha said, pointing to Luz.

"Yeah, that seem right, I am fearless." Luz said, smirking.

"Really?" Boscha asked.

"I am the daughter of the devil. I was BORN fearless." Luz said, walking ahead with confidence.

"Oh, I'm sure." Boscha said, before noticing a girl with a leg in a cast, "Hey, Amity, nice to see you back."

Hearing this name, Luz smile wider as she turned around to greet her favorite teasing victim/future queen.

"Hey, Amity." Luz said.

"What part are you kissing this time?" Amity asked.

"Not sure, still thinking." Luz said.

"And that is my cue to exit. Don't need to be an audience to this flirting." Boscha said before leaving.

"So, did I miss anything while I was bedridden?" Amity asked.

Luz snapped her fingers and summoned Boscha back, before snapping her neck.

"Ow! Give a girl a little warning!" Boscha said, before realigning her neck.

Amity's mouth dropped.

"Yeah, I own Boscha and Amelia's souls." Luz said, "One was to save Amelia, the other other was because Boscha made a bet with me because she was stupid."

"Um, how is she still alive?" Amity asked, staring at Boscha's "broken" neck.

"Well it turns out, by owning their souls, they become pseudo immortal with advanced healing and now live up to 200 years." Luz explained, "Found that out when she tried hanging herself."

Luz glared at Boscha.

"You what?!" Amity shouted, gazing at Boscha. "Why would you do that?!"

"I was freaking out, okay? I was curious to what was going on and wanted to test the limits." Boscha said, "So, yeah, I'm going to be alive by the time you become queen of hell."

Amity blushed at that comment.

"I like that future." Luz said.

"Do you like it, Amity?" Boscha asker, teasing with a grin.